Web site for bidding

Does anyone know if there is a web site for electronic design and prototype bidding? I see there is plenty of sites for freelance programmers but for some reason, I can't find any sites for freelance design people/companies.

-Rod

Reply to
Rod

Have not used this, so can't say if it is legit or not.

Tom Woodrow

Rod wrote:

Reply to
Tom Woodrow

Try:

Clarence

I'm not looking for anything that would justify 6 figure numbers. I'm looking for a few custom circuit boards to be designed and prototyped so that they interface with what we have now. Preferably done in the US. The suggested links received so far are on the lines of what I was looking for.

I was anticipating the electronic design community would have its own bid sites but that doesn't seem to be the case.

-Rod

prototype

for

people/companies.

businesses.

am

development -

general

Reply to
Rod

--
Try us...

http://www.austininstruments.com
Reply to
John Fields

Try

I have used it a lot, it is very good!

prototype

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Freelance programming and product development are quite different businesses. I don't know of anyone who would blind-bid product development, though I am sure there are some.

Are you looking for appearance design only (industrial design) or for turn-key product development? They are two separate businesses, a product development co. will subcontract the appearance work to an ID.

There are individuals who do product development (real product development - $100K - $500K per assignment) but they are few and far between. In general they do not advertise, sales are by word of mouth.

I would write up an RFQ (request for quote) detailing what you want to accomplish and send it to local firms - as I assume you are looking for low $$ (no travel costs) and don't need the services of Battelle and their kin.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Consulting Engineer:  Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.

"Rod" wrote

Ah, now that's different from 'electronic design' ... circuit board a/w is almost exclusively freelance.

Looking for competitive bids, though, won't make you popular with this community -- no more than it would make you popular with MD's.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Consulting Engineer:  Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.
Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com
Nicholas O. Lindan

prototype

snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Mortgage Loan Credit Card Insurance Life Equity Pension Car House Pet Holiday Villa Visa Home Retirement Pension Disney Loan Education Investment Stock Trade Portfolio CFD Spread Bet Betting Low APR Terms Best Offer Porn XXX

DNA

Reply to
Genome