NVRAM recommendation

Need a NVRAM in my design to store some parameters.

Any recommendation ? As I memorized, Xicor should have such kind chips,but can't find NVRAM on its web site. Does anyone know the other NVRAM suppliers ?

Kevin, 2004/5/3

Kevin Lee

Pleeeeease be more specific. How many bytes/kbytes you need? What access speed do you need? What interface (parallel/SPI/I2C)?

r Wolf

--
From-address is Spam trap
Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at

When I did a Google Search I must have had around 208,000 hits to narrow down from. Did you want a RTC built in as well?

has them with RTC's too. I typically use NVRAMs from
One I used a while back is bq4010/bq4010Y but they have several to choose from. TI does send out samples too.
sells them as well as several others.

Reply to
Earl Bollinger

there used to be MOSTEK, I think its STI now. Maxim of course and Benchmarq (now TI)

Reply to
dont know

"Kevin Lee" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Parallel:

Serial:

Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'x' and 'invalid' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

Be a bit careful - these are FRAM rather than SRAM + EEPROM devices.

This gives far superior write cycles compared to EEPROM, but also gives finite read cycles (for 5V devices at least).

You can usually live with this but don't leave your parameters there for continuous run-time accessing

Reply to
Gary Pace

Try

Phil W

Reply to
Phil W

ST (ST Microelectronics)

--

- for email, put the word "keep" in subject line -

Reply to
Hul Tytus

It just stores some bits when power suddenly shut down. So the requirements are:

  1. a couple bits is enough. 64, 128 or 256 bits is sufficient.
  2. access time could be 1us or less. Seppd is not a issue.
  3. either SPI or I2C is OK. uC is equipped with both I/F. But SPI is preferred.

RTC is not required, because my system has one already. (SII S35180A, consumes very low power.) (

)

I want SRAM+EEPROM type, not SRAM+coin cell battery. Because small package is also required.

After I made a net search, X24C45 seems meet my requirements, but its supply voltage is too high, 3.3V is default power in my system. And I can't find it on Xicor's web site. This chip should be discontinued.

Well, I might modify my design if no proper NVRAM is found.

Kevin Lee

Go to Digikey and type "serial EEPROM" into their search box. It gets several thousand hits.

Hal Murray