another semi web site shot to hell?

Can someone verify whether the National web site is truly broken? It sure looks that way to me. In addition to all sorts of snarled links and stuff, there's no obvious way I can find, say, the datasheet of an LM7824... had to go to Fairchild's site!

I'm running Firefox under XP.

John

Discontinued?

...Jim Thompson

Hello John,

That one has been obsoleted by National AFAIR. Then those companies drop stuff like hot potatoes, unfortunately. They don't seem to care whether someone needs an older data sheet.

Broken web site? Try NXP. Had that "pleasure" this morning. IMHO that is one perfect example of how not to design web sites. Will they ever learn?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Just for Lark I had to have a look. I agree. I entered in LM7800 and got

For LM78XX I got

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Boris Mohar

OK, I get it. They discontinued that part number, *and* they broke the web site.

John

If you want a good site for datasheets, check out

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Motorola when they were called Motorola was notorious for that. They would simply obliterate all of the references to the part ha they obsoleted. Like it never existed.

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

Pretty much like going to Radio Shack or Ace Hardware and having some punk kid tell you that whatever you want was never made ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I've noticed that the current generation of 20-somethings and younger seem to have been raised in an environment where admitting you don't know something isn't OK, yet just flatly claiming that something doesn't exist or can't be done -- without actually knowing as much -- is considered perfectly OK.

It's most annoying.

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Most annoying: A cretin at Radio Shack who was trying to tell me I needed a gold-anodized antenna to receive color TV ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Did you tell him that the "Gold" is simply a dye used when it was anodized?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

For color reception only the color is important - duh.

Reply to
nospam

Hello Spehro,

The magic potion in that sealer bath is what gives you 10dB more :-)

I am pretty immune to the whole audio-phool saga but I must say that when I listened through a tube amp at a friend's house I was rather impressed. The dynamic range was incredible. You could set it to full blast and when the source (but not the amp) was turned off you could crawl into speaker and here nothing. Not the faintest hiss.

Ok, it cost a whopping $1200 because it was hand-built. But he had a higher end amp before that which wasn't cheap either but not even close in dynamic range.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Right after anodizing, usually. Then they seal with a sealer bath.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

And that it isn't really anodizing - often it's just a color laquer.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

You should have read some of the English Hi-Fi magazines in the 60's and

70's. Some guys built two full horn systems under the living room floor with the mouths at one end of the room. You needed a balcony rail to not fall in!
Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Then you want the Red, Green and Blue anodized model.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wow. You can't see parts by package, but you can see them by package volume! A TL082 can be as big as 11862500.0 mm3, which wouldn't fit into my backpack. And look at the pricings... the price on the LM101A ranges from $0 to $225.

They used to have a good web site, before they lost their minds.

Maybe TI has an opamp I can use.

Speaking of which, any recommendation for a cheap SOT-23 opamp, 4 MHz maybe, +-5 supplies? Seems that we've purchased over 17,000 pieces of LM7301 of late, at 90 cents each, and there must be a better deal around.

John

Hello John,

They need to look at their IT operations. Maybe not as harshly as Intel does that now though.

Ok, only 3MHz but how about the Thomson TS951? It's around 35c AFAIR. Maybe they have one that's a little zippier but not much more expensive.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

That's actually a nice part, and will handle +-5 supplies, which a lot of cheap opamps won't. I can probably drop that into a lot of LM7301 locations. OK, one beer for you.

The LM7301 is rail-to-rail i/o and handles supplies up to +-18, so really isn't a bad deal when you need big swings.

But why does ST name the TS951 file 5561.pdf?

John