"Voltage Regulator"

This'll give the younger posters here a laugh.

Amazing how far we've come within living memory.

Cursitor Doom

A blithering fool with nervous hands, slurred speech and incoherent thinking...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I did notice that, but I suspect it's recent. Looks to me like early stages of dementia. :(

Cursitor Doom

I still have a car using that type of regulator although I no longer drive it. It's a tiny Suzuki hatchback with an 800cc

3-cylinder engine. It was tough, lively and a pleasure to drive, with a superb view that puts my current Hyundai to shame. I don't have the heart to sell it off as scrap and it keeps occupying space in my garage.

Oh, and the regulator never gave me any problem during the 27 years I drove it.

Reply to
Pimpom

With infinitely more mental powers than bloggs.

Naaaah! It's the early stages of DYING. Try old-age sometime, you won't like it... I definitely don't. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

It's better than the alternative, Jim!

Cursitor Doom

Sometimes I ponder...

"... If I should die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take."

Painless sleep would be ever so nice. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

Didn't you write, only a few days ago, that you are in favour of euthanasia? It's got adherents. My mother was saying she was "ready to go", and not a happy bunny, well before she actually did...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

Coming from the title holder of Mr Ignoramus for ten years straight...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I know exactly how you feel. That's why I did some research....

Hopefully you won't need it, but it's nice to know it's there, tucked away where no one can find it, just in case.

Cursitor Doom

My father's first car was 1938 Ford V8 four-door sedan, his last car prior to not driving anymore was a 2006 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon.

He apparently refused to buy Japanese-made cars for a long time but warmed up to them at some point in the late 1980s I guess. Out of all the dozens of cars he owned at one point or another he claims the one he liked best was his 5th generation Mazda 626/Mazda Capella hatchback. Shrug!

Reply to
bitrex

Not new of course; he was discharged from the Army in 1946 and with the rank of sergeant received the tidy sum of around $200 IIRC as a service completion bonus

Reply to
bitrex

Hey look ! It uses modern switched mode technology.

Reply to
jurb6006

Hey, don't laugh: Motorola was founded on a product that used a vibrator power supply to make automobile radio receivers a reality. It was SO much slicker than the earlier tech, that buzzbox in the Model T ignition circuit.

Reply to
whit3rd

You're describing Blobby to a 'T'.

Reply to
krw

Getting old isn't for sissies but it does beat the alternative.

BTW, how are you doing? It's been a while since I've seen a status report.

Reply to
krw

Related, the OZ4 cold cathode full-wave gas rectifier:

It uses an ionically-heated cathode, which is different than an ironically-heated cathode

Reply to
bitrex

How would Jim know? He shares krw's habit of measuring mental competence by the extent that the poster's opinions agree with his. Since lots of Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson's opinions happen to be wrong it's not a reliable measure.

Of course, that won't stop Jim thinking that he's getting the right answer - how else would he stay so far out of touch with reality?

-- Bill Sloman, Sydney

Reply to
bill.sloman

As if krw had ever seen Fred Bloggs in real life ... or could recognise incoherent thinking in other people, when he can't recognise it in his own output.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Going back onto chemo shortly... the tumor decided to become "active" again. ...Jim Thompson