Some More Lissajous Figures

Someone posted a link to these a while ago, but the creators have been adding some more in the mean time, it seems. Enjoy!

Cursitor Doom

Those old Tek XY displays are cool.

Digital scopes will usually do this, but don't look as nice.

lunatic fringe electronics

Back in the acid days, we used to run the output of a pair of macintosh amps to the deflection coils on a tv. NICE!

Reply to
sdy

On a sunny day (Wed, 3 Oct 2018 08:30:38 -0700 (PDT)) it happened sdy wrote in :

If you run Linux, and have 'xine' player installed, play a wavefile, then right click in screen, select 'audio > visualisations -> goom' and then you see someting like this in color:

You can also select 'scope' or 'fft'. It moves of course, these are just screenshots of the sound of the voyager spacecraft instruments hitting the termination shock... I'm sure you acidos have some fav sounds...

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Did you ever have a 7000 series? I wondered if they could do XY by plugging a vertical module into a horizontal slot.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

The 7000 series was pretty boss bordering on awesome. And one of the few Tek scopes I've never owned. And now probably never will. :(

Cursitor Doom

They were on ebay only a few years ago, last I looked.

Pease's book cover has a great picture of him using one on a rat's nest.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

They certainly will, up to the bandwidth limits of the horizontal sweep circuits.

Also, some of the horizontal timebase plugins have an XY mode, taking the X-axis voltage from their EXT trigger input, or from the trigger signal feed from the vertical plugins.

Reply to
Dave Platt

Interesting. Thanks.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

In the US, for sure. But not so in Yurp, I'm afraid.

Do you have a reference for that? Sounds like it's worth a look...

Cursitor Doom

If I can find the book.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Please try!

Cursitor Doom

Are you talking about "A catalog of special plane curves" by J.Dennis Lawrence, ISBN 0-486-60288-5 ? I put most of its curves in a program.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Ok. Check this out in the meantime.

Tom Del Rosso

This one?

GH.

Reply to
George Herold

That's the one. The scope looks small but maybe they made him look bigger. I like how he uses data books to prop things up as if they aren't good for anything else. Those are Nat Semi books and he worked there, so if that's what he means to imply it's quite a harsh statement.

OT but you should check this out as well.

Tom Del Rosso

No it's a Pease book. George found it.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso