Transformer insulateing tape?

No, you are stupid.

Maybe it was a failure to mark it well enough, but the unit was made under all one system of measure.

The mistake was operator level, not machine level, you retarded twit!

He filled x Lbs, when he should have filled x kg. That resulted in less than half the needed fill.

Reply to
DrParnassus

worry

trash

EN

that *I*

Reading the thread is seems to Hammy is more asking for a source for the right tape. (And definitive reasons why the wrong tape is wrong.)

MIGHT

on the

bench

Reply to
JosephKK

My collection of "real" verniers, ranging from Brown & Sharpe, through British Moore & Wright, to cheapo Chinese, all have dual inch/metric scales. Some are 50 years old.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

WRONG!

I was referring to Australia, which has been arguing about becoming a republic for years,

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

United States Customary Units, which is what they are officially called.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Cool. Even better.

Reply to
DrParnassus

Why would you think that? When I did wood-working at school, in Tasmania in 1955, we certainly worked in inches and feet, and timbers were "two by four" (inches).

And why wouldn't my great-grandfather not have used inches in Adelaide, Australia fifty-odd years earlier?

The rest of the world doesn't use mils (unless they've been stuck with stuff originally produced to some daft American military standard, like electronic integrated circuit packages).

There you go again, drawing false conclusions from non-existent evidence.

At your suggestion? You do suffer from delusions of grandeur, although in your case grandeur isn't quite the right word - you'd still be deluded if you though that you had the status of an inconsequential pip-squeak.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

If this were true, it wouldn't make using two sets of units any less stupid.

Read the link that I posted, pip-squeak.

=A0

Units are only of significance to the operator. The machine doesn't have a clue what units it is working in.

The sort of problem that recurs regularly when you persist in using pounds and inches in a world where everybody else uses kilograms and centimetres.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

we

ms of

Would you care to expand on that statement? The 555 may still be used

- by people who haven't yet learned that there are now better ways of tackling the kind of job that it was developed to look after - but it is still totally obsolete. The sort of people who use it would knap flint points for their arrows and spears.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

of

But they still talk about "imperial units", though the empire became a "commonwealth" some fifty years ago. It's just a label, not any kind of expression of loyalty.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

"Imperial" is a lot shorter, and is close enough to meaning exactly the same thing for anybody except a lawyer.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ANY part of the world that uses inches, uses mils.

It is a direct division of an inch.

YOU are the idiot.

Reply to
DrParnassus

Who are you to say, asswipe?

Reply to
DrParnassus

You're an idiot and a liar. They are not the same, lawyer or not.

Reply to
DrParnassus

Sloman

and

Now you're sliding down the DimBulb slope to "damned liar". You made the statement and are now lying about it. What a putz.

Reply to
krw

Cool, could you post some photos, say in abse? Or on some picture site?

Reply to
JosephKK

Somebody who has looked at using the 555 from time to time, since 1973

- two years after Signetics introduced it - and never found that it could play a useful part in solving to the various problems I was being asked to deal with.

What's your own claim to expertise? Your only obvious skill is in deploying a rather restricted vocabularly of scatalogical insults. If you actually know anything about electronics, I seem to have missed the posts where you put this expertise on display.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

rote:

sed in

yet

inch

h of an

you

nse.

easure, and

running

goal

he

So you can't point to any goal post that I've actually moved. and are retreating behind a cloud of meaningless and unsubstantiated abuse.

The pathetic nitwit doesn't seem to realise that he has just validated the point that I was making.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

d.

If you want to distinguis between gallons and litres, "imperial units" does the job, even if US gallons are two pints short of imperial gallons, as even an idiot like you ought o realise.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Get a clue. The rest of the world doesn't use inches any more.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman