Transformer insulateing tape?

you really think so?

post 3 places that sell nomex paper in small rolls that I can order from in the USA.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Ask Larkin. He's the resident mouthy non-expert here. Makes AlwaysWrong look like a Nobel Laureate ;-) ...Jim Thompson

            Where is Joe McCarthy when you need him ??

On a sunny day (Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:09:14 -0700) it happened Perenis wrote in :

LOL, what do you mean by that? Any switchmode can have windings on different legs, the primary that is connected to the mains on one leg, and any secundary for output on the other You would not go by an other often wrong alias now would you?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:10:29 -0700) it happened Perenis wrote in :

Will add perenis to the filter too. Time to change your perenis again !

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Words from Hammy: "Just one. I'm using an ETD29 core with Bobbin. I've made several transformers for LVDC less then 50Vrms.This is my first transformer from scratch for a line powered supply."

Did I understand this wrong, no mains powered circuit?

sh

Even when it isn't a product, you want a safe setup.

I*

If he knows that (safety issues) already, why asking for what tape to use?

he

Wim

PA3DJS

Wimpie

Yes. Terrell better add it to the list.

Reply to
krw

With the *REAL* word being "rarely".

Reply to
Perenis

Look, you are the dingbat that is talking about winding a whole gang transformers on a bare spindle covered with "some newspaper", and then "cutting or sawing them apart".

So, you obviously do NOT have much of a grasp as to what *HE* is seeking, or you are merely tooting some horn-o-experience, which is all but worthless in this thread.

Reply to
Perenis

Bad logic. I read unusually fast, with relatively few fixations per line, and - in the process - ignore information that isn't usually informative, such as the charaxter strings in URLs.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

When you find a thread about winding a transformer without a bobbin, join *that* thread. Here, you are just gumming up the works with totally unrelated, utterly stupid suggestions.

As far as my knowledge goes, I likely know more about winding small form factor transformers than you ever will, since I had to cover the things involved with UL at their labs, since they did not previously have ANY specs on HV applications, and GE wanted their high resolution medical monochrome CRT displays to have the best, cleanest and most reliable anode supply possible, but they also required UL approval, which is generally NOT ever required or given or applied to an HV supply at all.

That is why they had to spend time in our labs and we had to spend time in theirs. Were it not for us, UL would still be in the dark about HV and isolation and fire hazard considerations. That was circa 2001.

So shut the f*ck up, punk. You are the leader of nothing but your toilet paper roll and your hand jobs.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You were carrying on about different thicknesses - in context thinner and thicker films are both different.

Far from it.

You - on the other hand - don't seem to think about the information content of the messages that you are processing. The messages that you send do seem to automatically include the information that you are an evil-tempered pain in the ass with rather limited social skills.

You might like to think about reading you own output and trying to edit it back so that it says less about you and more about the subject you are ostensibly addressing before you actually make it publicly available.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

So do tell us where.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

s it

e an

Both. The implication is that you have nnnecessarily provided correct information that everybody already knew about. Since you needed to ask, you are the idiot.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Get off your high horse, chump. Use some brains. It is a DuPont product so, I'd bet that the US market is likely to be pretty strong, so there are likely to be quite a few sources of it in quite a few arrangements.

More stupidity. Nomex is most often sold in sheets.

Since paper used in transformers, other than the fish type, is only meant to make a turn or two around the spool, there is no need to EVER have it on a roll, and it is NOT adhesive backed, you dumbfuck, so it does not even need to be on a roll. It usually gets held in place by transformer tape. Paper is the wrong choice for this app, and for smaller form factors, it is unworkable as well.

It is meant to be cut into the exact length needed to perform the isolation step without compromise of its purpose. Anything more DOES compromise the purpose, just as too little would.

Like you... too little knowledge has compromised not only your purpose, but your ability to perform whatever it is that you think your purpose is.

Fuck off, Nothingness Leader.

Reply to
Perenis

Damn... Father's Day must have you on some serious sauce to say that. You'll likely rescind it tomorrow.

Or maybe you are having a remission. ;-)

Reply to
Perenis

He has you killfiled, AlwaysWrong. He doesn't remember what an ass you really are.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. One day without a killfile will change is mind.

Reply to
krw

Thanks everyone for your input.

I didnt mean to start a flame war;-)

I'm just going to dig through the pile of junk I have as was suggested, and see if I cant work something out for the time being.

My next order to Newark will include the tape.

Reply to
Hammy

, and

The mil is still a standard unit of measurement in the US, whose engineers failed to keep up with the rest of the world when it went metric. Your scientists weren't as backward.

I'm happy to use any unit that works - furlongs per fortnight come to mind - and most of my Ph.D. thesis reports my results in the concentration unit of "torr at 298.15K" which happened to be convenient (as I was measuring out my gases by filling known volumes to pressures monitored mostly by a mercury manometer, sometimes by a diallyl phthalate manometer). It could be - and was - converted to the more conventional moles per litre by dividing by 1.8593x10^4.

I'm not so stupid as to expect other people to be able to rapidly process idiosyncratic units.

Equipping an entire manufacturing industry with tools that measure in terms of fractions of an inch while the rest of the world uses fractions of a metre reflects exactly that kind of stupid expectation

- the engineers of God's Only Country didn't think that their tools and products might be exported to other countries, and couldn't imagine that they might want to import tools and products from the rest of the world. That was stupid, arrogant and expensive. It will cost you a bundle to retool as the British did, some fifty years ago, back when the tools were simpler and cheaper and somewhat thinner on the ground.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Mains front end. NOT a mains transformer.

Reply to
Perenis

Yes, but overkill is overkill, and if I practiced it, this group would be sparsely populated.

Reply to
Perenis