Transformer insulateing tape?

You ain't real bright, boy. You sure you're not from the south? WTF you smokin' over there, idiot?

Reply to
Perenis

I'll paste the relevant portion of my original post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "I know mass produced professional designs use a 3M specialty tape. What I'm looking for is a tape I could pick up at Staples or some office supply store or hardware store."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Put another way my original question was .

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A SUITABLE SUBSTITUTE THAT COULD BE PURCHASED AT YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE OR HOME OFFICE SUUPLY STORE.

Forgive the use of caps but some people seemed to be missing that little tidbit. All the same I appreciate any meaningful input.

And for the record I've seen lots of mass produced professional designs that there is no way in hell they passed any UL or EMC compliance testing or standby or........I don't give a shit how many stickers they put on them.

Reply to
Hammy

Are you competing for June's DimBulb prize? You're certainly in the running with that comment.

Who gives a f*ck about your (ancient) PhD thesis? You're trying to sound like "my cabinet member can beat up your cabinet member because he has a Nobel Prize", Obama.

No, you're simply wrong, and in your own DimBulb way, are moving the goal posts. You were simply *wrong*. Admit it.

Wrong again. Computers are wonderful things. My, you *are* in competition with DimBulb!

Reply to
krw

You are an idiot. "Everybody" obviously did not already know about it, or the guy would not have suggested vinyl tape, you dumb, literate but doesn't read, epitome of stupidity.

Hardly.

No, the insulting fucktard is the idiot. And his little dog, Sloman too!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Somebody said e-bay. It would seem that if you do find one there, it would be cheaper. The stuff does age poorly though. Only good for about

6 years, then the adhesive pukes on the premium stuff. The gooey adhesive stuff lasts longer. Funny thing with the 3M stuff is that the tape is not what makes it yellow, the adhesive is, and if it comes off, the tape is perfectly clear.
Reply to
DrParnassus

We work in BOTH, idiot, and do so well. There is no need to jump into microns where mils or even mm works just fine.

Paints, films, etc. can be described quite well with mils, and there is no need to replace single units with 63 additional divisions. Microns are for more precise industrial processes and systems, like sputtering, epitaxy, etc. So we DO use ALL of the world's quantification units, in EVERY realm of science. You are absolutely stupid to think otherwise. We just happen to have garnered a better sense of which to use where, and when, AND WHY.

Only stubborn "ours is the right, only way" total dorks have issues.

So get a clue, you total dork.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You obviously are.

Now YOU should go back and read some of your own posts, you insulting twit.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I didn't catch the below crap the first time.

Jeez, you contradicted yourself in the very next line!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

And you are a US hating dumbfuck, just like Senile from BC is.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You have a HUGE bent perception of reality, as well as history.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Some home stores have similar tapes, but they are typically a bit thicker film.

Reply to
DrParnassus

Exactly. We DID end up getting the mark on our GE supply though, and we are now allowed to 'self certify'. Considering that they base all their acceptance criteria on the results of our research and visits to their labs (for HV), I don't think we'll have any problem with credence. The price goes up so much that there have been no subsequent customers for any such compliance mark.

I used to work there. I always refer to past employment that way though. We... our... etc.

Most HV customers never had any such criteria, but GE wanted it, not because it was human contact, but because attached equipment (probes, etc) might be, and it could carry a fault through to the patient in an unforeseen scenario.

Reply to
DrParnassus

it

it,

Everybody knows that adhesive tapes are to some extent malleable, which is the extra information you felt it necessary to provide. The original poster didn't kow about the range of insulating tapes that are readily available - information that you claim to have, but don't seem to be all the willing or able to propagate, as opposed to the information that you know all about the subject, and could tell us if you were so inclined.

Or so you'd like to think.

o!

One can see why you want to espouse this point of view. It's sad that you can't provide any rational justification for your conviction.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

, and

nning

An opinion that reflects your blinkered and parochial point of view.

nd like

It makes the pont that I don't object to weird units of measurement as such, but still don't see any sense in making them an industry standard. My Ph.D. thesis is a published document so you could check it if you wanted to. Quite what this has to do with President Obama's thoroughly sensible choice of his Secretary for Energy escapes me.

Why do you think I'm wrong? Try and produce a rational argument to that effect - if you can. It would be a first.

tition

And what proportion of the US stock of measuring tools can handle either metric or imperial units? The new stuff could certainly have been designed to do this, if the marketing guys had thought that this was a feature that their customers might go for. One could suspect that US buyers wouldn't pay much extra for that facility, if you and Dimbulb were representative of the US market as a whole - a proposition that most US engineers might find insulting.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

But you claimed - earlier in the thread - that mils work better for you than microns. Are you changing your story?

is

Are used for more precise industrial processes, perhaps because you had to import the more precise measuring gear?

of

Nonsense. You have a parochial preference for the obsolete imperial units and try and justify this rather foolish affectation by claiming that they are somehow more ergonomic.

That the US persists in using the obsolete imperial units is definitely dorkish.

This from the parochial dork who thinks that mils are more user- friendly than microns.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Since I'm interacting wiith you, I'm obliged to be insulting, as anyone who wasn't a twit would appreciate.

You've earned the title Dimbulb, and devote a lot of effort to reminding us why you deserve it.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I don't hate the US, though I do disaprove of the tendency of some US residents to ignore the rest of the world. Reminding you that the rest of world exists is a charitable gesture - if enough foreigners persistently remind you that you don't inhabit God's Only Country, we may eventually get you into better contact with reality. Jim Thompson is - of course - a lost cause. but some of you may yet be salavaged.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Well, my perception of reality does seem to differ from yours or Jim Thompson's, but that doesn't necessarily make it "bent". Anybody who shared your delusions would definitely have a bent perception of reality, so your opinion of what constitutes a "bent" perception isn't either interesting or useful.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhah!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Yet another dumb claim, by the dumb stat touter that touts stats he makes up on the fly, that are obviously false.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever