This is very true and wll put together.

Please outline for us on dial-up.

Reply to
Robert Baer

It's one of those text-to-movie animations, well-done.

Two co-workers. An Obamaton chick recites Bush's crimes. A reasonable counterpart keeps pointing to Barack doing the same (i.e. starting wars with people who haven't attacked us (Libya), killing civilians (Libya, Afghanistan), expanding the war in Afghnistan, etc.). The Obamaton doesn't care, each time reverting to Krishna-like chants: Obama's good, Bush bad.

The video makes a number of comparisons, mostly apt.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Both hilarious _and_ sad. We have a huge brain-washed segment of our society :-(

Everyone should be sure to go see "Atlas Shrugged (Part 1)". Chilling :-( ...Jim Thompson

Don't feel so bad, the way things are going, a lot us will be on dial up or home based packet radio! Or even back to the chicken choking band down to the dixie cup string link.

Did I see smoke signals in my future?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Meanwhile, I get ready to put up yet another satellite.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Wow, you're strong.

Reply to
krw

Wow, You're retarded. We already knew that, however.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Go you get to push the big red LAUNCH button?

John

John makes it easy for me to show his 6th grade level, Elementary School playground mentality.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

He's innumerate (and otherwise, always wrong), so he's not the one who counts backwards from ten.

Reply to
krw

That's not true, if it were, he'd be spitting, drooling and wiping his snot all over you as he pushes you in the mud slapping some common sense into you along with the rest of his friends behind him not knowing any better!

Do you see that happening?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Good concept, but it's too bad they didn't rewrite the flat dialog.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Christ! You are worse than he is!

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

I didn't find it "flat" at all. It _does_ require paying attention... there's real (and subtle) dialog there. Perhaps you think _all_ movies need to be shoot-em-up-chase style ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

It's the only way to thwart the censors. Of course this indicates that you must be a pedophile subversive terrorist because why else would one want to access information that your betters have deemed unsuitable for you!

Reply to
Jaded Hobo

You should know me better than that, and that has nothing to do with realistic dialog.

The style is a little like a soap opera. Overly dramatic. Stilted.

Some writers can only do story but not dialog. It's probably true of most science fiction (which Atlas Shrugged is, sort of), but other SF doesn't require much dialog so it might not be as noticeable.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Whatever ;-) I liked it. ...Jim Thompson

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old?s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Did they change the plot to make it "modern" where everyone's involved in the airline industry or something, rather than railroads? Considering the airline industry has consistently had negative profit margins even with huge government bailouts and fuel subsidies, that would be pretty ironic. Or did they stay true to the novel's roots? Is Amtrak the great Soviet collectivist menace? I'm sure private industry will have that LA to Las Vegas high speed rail line up and running real soon now!

Reply to
Bitrex

I could never get into "The Lord of the Rings", just not my kind of fantasy. I read "Atlas Shrugged" when I was 25 years old. Read it in one setting, except for potty breaks, overnight, couldn't lay it down.

Nope, it's still railroads and Rearden's special "metal".

Extraordinary in digital format! Beautiful scenes of Colorado!

Certainly representative of government-run business failure.

If it's a profitable concept, private industry would do it. Are gamblers really wanting that?

(I've been to Avgas perhaps three times in 50 years :-) ...Jim Thompson