The Raspberry Pi is Very Cool

Got the Raspberry Pi yesterday. Today I got the Linux image onto the SD card using Win32DiskImager which was a piece of cake. Plugged in a USB keyboard & mouse, and a $3 800 mA 5V power supply and hooked it to an HDMI TV. Booted right up.

I think the down side is that it supports only composite video and HDMI so you can't use a cheap, spare, VGA monitor. I bought a 15" TV with an HDMI port at Fry's for $69 when it was on sale last week and one advantage of using an HDMI TV is that audio is also sent over the HDMI interface so that's one less cable to deal with as well as no need for separate speakers.

Reply to
sms88

Le 11/08/2012 02:59, sms88 a écrit :

You could also use a HDMI DVI cable. I find the Raspberry very well, but It's slooooow ( especialy if you use the graphical screen ) It lack many things like when using Debian, you can't redirect the display onto another computer, when using Fedora, it contains all the bugs known and more that Fedora has. When using raspian, it lakc many drivers for camera BTW. ... But I will use it in a progect tha I have where it will be very useful.

André

Reply to
Andre