candy cane

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Delay line or antenna :).

Reply to
tm

Resistor actually, if I recall correctly.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

First photo i have seen of an antenna for communications to Alpha Centarian Sigh-Kicks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

..for ohmly Sigh-Kicks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

What's underneath those blobs?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I just tacked the manganin wire down with the blobs. After it set, I added the spirals, thermally conductive epoxy. The tube is a ceramic thing from McMaster.

The thing is a low inductance, low TC shunt resistor.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

OIC- low inductance, that explains the wire lay.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Low magnetic pickup and no significant eddy current hooks. Lots of precision resistors, like the Vishay power ones, or the MIL metal case things, have great DC specs but have nasty eddy current interaction with their own packaging, or with a nearby heat sink.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Never seen grade-B Sci-Fi? Like "The Blob" fer eggzampel.

Reply to
Robert Baer