The 1952 Radiotron Designers Handbook

I have a copy of the first edition of that book, published by Federal Telephone and Radio Corporation. The original was published in 1943; mine is the fourth printing, from Spetember, 1944. It's a far cry from the later editions. This one measures 5.5" x 8" x 0.35", and is only 200 pages. Among the tables are "Head of Water and Approximate Discharge Rate."

-- Mike --

Reply to
Mike

Don't worry John even if you tell them, they won't believe you. The world is going digital, so analog engineers have no credibility.

-- Mike --

Reply to
Mike

Actually a large amount of the information in the Radiotron also applies to semicinductor circuits.

Reply to
Robert Baer

for

the

A quick and dirty way is to OCR the index...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Mike, You are incredibly naive, or are you just trying to be cutesy?

You couldn't begin to try to design a digital element AT THE DEVICE LEVEL. That's a chore best handled by ANALOG DESIGNERS... probably

50% of my business these days ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Jim, HUSH now. When there are only two analog designers left in the world, you'll get half the work and I'll get the other half.

{;-)

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Yep. ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Sorry, you only get a third.

John

I have the 3rd Radiotron, black, 1941, by Amalgated Wireless Valve Company Pty Ltd of Sydney, Australia. It's 'only' 352 pages and has an entire chapter entitled "Hum."

What's a Pty?

John

I read in sci.electronics.design that Robert Baer wrote (in ) about 'The 1952 Radiotron Designers Handbook', on Sun, 28 Aug 2005:

DON'T TELL EVERYONE! How can we keep our reputation for superiority if you keep giving away all the secrets! (;)

John Woodgate

I knew that. I was just checking to see if you knew that.

John

Digital devices are analog on the inside.

Reply to
mc

No, he's being sarcastic. And it was true until about 4 years ago, until the PHBs found that analogue technology is, in practice, indispensable.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that "RST Engineering (jw)" wrote (in ) about 'The 1952 Radiotron Designers Handbook', on Sun, 28 Aug 2005:

What about little ME?

John Woodgate

CONFUSION ALERT! The Federal book became the ITT Reference...., and is not the Radiotron book

'Proprietary'; Australian for 'Limited (liability) Company'.

John Woodgate

You mean to say that us RF guys are OTL??

Reply to
Robert Baer

Terry, That's a good line, mind if I steal it ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

I read in sci.electronics.design that Terry Given wrote (in ) about 'The 1952 Radiotron Designers Handbook', on Mon, 29 Aug 2005:

3.1905 guineas.
John Woodgate

Dig up the book "Crystal Oscillator Circuits," by Matthys, published about

25 years ago. He breadboarded every imaginable discrete-component oscillator and measured its performance.
Reply to
mc

Mine is the 4th ed. 6th impression, 1963, 1498 pages. Formerly the property of one R.O. Gracie, 175 Marine Pde, ChristChurch. Purchased

27-9-1966 for 67/- (can John Woodgate translate that for me, its 3 yrs before my time)

And I dont use it much either (esp. c.f. Terman), but it cost me $2, and is a great read.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given