The 1952 Radiotron Designers Handbook

And I'm waiting in the wings....

one of these days, I'm going to start working for the sake of knowledge, rather than income (yeah, right). I plan on starting with a crystal mfg, as I have always wanted to learn how to design awesome oscillators (OK, I've designed some really scary oscillators, but not intentionally.

250kW current controllers going unstable can have some impressive results ;)

An enthusiastic protege, anyone?

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

I ran a training course last week for techs building one of my circuits. I started with a digital logic tutorial:

"repeat after me: zero" ..."zero" "one" ..."one" "right, now onto the analogue stuff"

It got a good laugh.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Got it (revised ed.). Along with Edson, Rhea, Davis, Schure, Pierce, Frerking, Parzen, Salt, Carr (not that he counts). What I dont have is a decade or so of experience. Working with people who have years of experience is IMO the best way to rapidly upskill.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Hi Jim,

please do.

October 1, here we come :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Aha, 67 shillings, I thought as much. I especially like the "new" unit its now expressed in. Thanks :)

A mate was lamenting the demise of the diabolical numbering system for money a while back, saying it used to be a real challenge when he was a lad to go into a sweet shop, and spend his exact amount of money. unless you were good at mental arithmetic (dare I suggest the emphasis is on "mental"), forget it. That was back when shopkeepers needed to be able to count, too.

I had a hilarious argument with a guy in a vide store a few years back. I got several videos and had a couple of discount vouchers, either $5 or $2.50. His total was $8.50, reached 3 times in a row with the aid of a calculator.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given