Tech Humour: Useless Inventions

H2N is much more interesting, it's the impirical formula for hydrazine (H4N2)

Reply to
Jasen Betts

You've been watching southpark?

Reply to
Jasen Betts

On Feb 4, 6:56=A0pm, John Larkin

[...]

Were they fresh out of "Hello Kitty" mouse pads?

Reply to
Greegor

On Feb 5, 2:03=A0pm, D from BC wrote: [...]

I just saw a video product review/test of one made for that.

Reply to
Greegor

magnetic flow??

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada

Reply to
D from BC

IIRC JL's is faux wood (Ikea). This mouse (Logitech MX700) doesn't mind real wood. I use solid core doors for work surfaces. They're cheap, heavy, and are mouse friendly.

Reply to
krw

Sure, you can find them in scrap warp drives.

Reply to
krw

On Isle three, next to the obsolete metric Flux Capacitors.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

you have two electrodes an permanent magnet and a conductive fluid,

flow of the fluid, magnetic field and axis the electrodes. are all perpendicular, as the fluid flows a voltage proportional to the speed (and magnetic field) is generated,

they use this for speedometers on boats.

for the mouse you'd have the field vertical and the electrodes on the underside in a cross pattern (to measure speed on two axes). (two electrodes for each direction)

The wikipedia page on magnetohydrodynamics has some general info.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Neato..

Somebody got a Nobel prize in 1970 for that.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Mine has a heck of a time on the white porceline tile of my breakfast bar. Have to have something like a towel or paper to run it on to use it there...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

In my case the replacement keyboard for my laptop used to be $10 from Dell's site. Now they want $40 for it. Found a site selling the same thing for $15 and that's what I'm using now.

Have you seen "Curse of the Were-Rabbit"?

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, I'll check and see if Netflix has it yet, and add it to my queue.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/elecdog.jpg

John

I bought the DVD when it first came out, and I've watched it three or four times, so far.

I liked that, too.

Did you see "Chicken Run' by the same studio? I like most of their animation, including the Chevron gasoline commercials they did about 10 years ago.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Another biggie is health care. It doesn't do much good to have the nurses and docs wash their hands between patients if they have to use a grubby germ-infested keybaord/mouse to access the chart...

Reply to
cs_posting

I didn't like it as much as "A Grand Day Out". I was seriously disappointed with "The Wrong Trousers".

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Wasn't that his first one? I liked the Evil Penguin Lodger.

John

Mouse condom!

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

The highlight of that one was catching the penguin in the milk bottle.

Reply to
ian field