I Can Do PIC PWM LED Dimming too :P

Yeah yeah...PWM LED brightness control with a PIC..

8 channel dimming control
4.13MB Save. Quicktime format. (VLC media player, MPUI player..etc,)

Coding: assembly language. I wrote the code. And designed the circuit.

Now... how do I turn this project into a multi-million venture where I don't have to work anymore :)

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Been there, done that. Roughly. Posted the code for a different processor as a training course in learning to use the micro's timer and compare capabilities among other things, in fact.

Find a big-money application that needs it and where your solution is cheaper, smaller, lower power, or something that makes it better than other options they have. And then negotiate better than them.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

On a sunny day (Sun, 08 Feb 2009 13:31:01 -0800) it happened D from BC wrote in :

Nice.

I think the simplest way is to invent a time machine and present the work 20 years earlier.

OTOH if you frame it, and sell it as art, it may make millions now :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Ah the perpetual dream... I had that dream for a while, working for a startup. The dream is dead. Better luck buying a lottery ticket.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Mmm, so the upper management and directors siphoned all the funds out of the startups you worked for too hey? I've seen it so many times now that thats what I figure that that is what "business" is.

Reply to
K Ludger

Sharks! ____ /|____/ \\ \\

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Invent something that a zillion people haven't already done before.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

I guess my LED project above has been done to death.. :(

I got it...A crank powered cell phone! :)

Great for camping...

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Nah. But a cell phone powered crank will sell!

John KD5YI

How about an old Western Electric 500 dial phone cell.

Richard Crowley

True cranks are in short supply. How about a net kook powered cell phone? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply here . . .

I guess it would work a bit like running a bulb from lemons or potatoes, just skewer them with dissimilar metal stakes and hook them up in series to get whatever charging voltage the phone needs. :-)

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.  (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED)
[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & >32K emails --> NUL:

Telling us what resolution and PWM frequency you archived would be more interesting than the video.

Reply to
nospam

Would be fun to bring one of those to a meeting and plop it on the conference table..

..And then have it ring.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada

Reply to
D from BC

It's one of my projects from the junk box.. I did that project so long ago, I'd have to test it. iirc... The PWM code is very efficient.