Tech Humour: Useless Inventions

Better yet, truly oxygen free and nitrogen filled water; H2N!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Add a hydrogen to make that H3N, rewrite it as NH3, and it's available off grocery store shelves. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I use household ammonia in a spry bottle. I lean it up against the wall and spray a fine mist and let it soften the crud a couple times, then use another spray bottle of tap water to rinse it all off. Then I let them air dry for a few days. Costs only a few cents each, and I do six to ten at a time.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He could have meant hydrazine - N2H4 - which boils at 114C (if it doesn't explode first).

Not exactly oxygen-free though. Grocery stores sell a solution of amonia in water.

You can buy the pure stuff, but it's boiling point is -33.3C.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

the_question

,

What does that have to do with apostrophes?

Reply to
Richard Henry

Huh...maybe someday I'll find a mouse washed up on the beach.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Is that the way to deck Naughty-Mouse?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Or on deck on a boat.

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Nondeterminism means never having to say you are wrong.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

the_question

,

From the same Wikipedia article:

'Arguments over such usage are an example of debate over linguistic prescription and description. As John McIntyre, Baltimore Sun assistant managing editor, puts it ("If beggars could question", Baltimore Sun, March 5, 2007): "Writers who were not taught logic in school =97 evidently a great many =97 will think that 'to beg a question' means 'to give rise to a question.' In that they are like the multitude of writers who have appropriated technical but dimly understood language. A parameter, for example, is 'a constant, with variable values, used as a referent for determining other variables.' If you are a mathematician, that definition from Webster's New World College Dictionary probably means something to you. If you are not a mathematician, you are probably using parameter to mean a boundary or limit or guideline, or perhaps nothing in particular. People do write this way. Some even talk this way. Eventually, loose applications of technical terms to different contexts find their way into the dictionary, some embedding themselves in the language. That is fine. But in the interval, anyone who wishes to write precisely will be cautious.'

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

It might react with itself to create n2h4. Not a household chemical.

Reply to
JosephKK

Aye, and very nearly one yerself.

Reply to
JosephKK

I have adequate results with cloth faced variations. But i mostly use trackballs.

I knew i could not be the only one who found that happy technique.

Reply to
JosephKK

If you get to it timely the soda or most any other beverage rinses right off. Just have to let it set a bit to get dry enough, or use a hair dryer.

Reply to
JosephKK

Not without a fight. I try to stay up to date on stuff, hang around with young folks, try/learn new stuff, take risks, ski out of control, drive hard, and stay goofy. And design wild stuff. There's plenty of time to get old later in life.

John

-

OK, I'm the self-appointed grammar police too, then. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

A few years ago, I saw a dead 'possum on the "beach". ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I've done it to two keyboards. Both came out fine and still work. I didn't disassemble them at all. I put them face-down in the top rack of the dishwasher and used a no-heat-dry cycle. I used a shopvac to blow them dry and then let them stand for a week before use. I'm typing on one of them right now!

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to
Ben Jackson

How do you manage to "drive hard" in those old git vehicles you buy ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

assuming that's real wood, (or real wood veneer) i've seen that too, optical mice don't like the depth of the surface, they seem fine on printed paper veneer sirfaces.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

just have a floating mouse and use magnetic flow meters to sense motion

Reply to
Jasen Betts