DTV Switch delayed

Looks like the Yanks have at least another 4 months before the rednecks riot because their analog TV's don't work any more, and they can't watch Ophra.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

You would think the media folks would have been in the middle of this giving bribes to the FCC--or whatever was going on. So, how did it turn out that the switch came in the *middle* of the TV season?

...and did the bureaucrats never think about geriatrics in Minnesota having to climb onto their roofs to dick with antennas in February?

Reply to
JeffM

A cow-orker here told me that, and said that it's because the Fed doesn't have enough money to supply all of those coupons.

But this is the first that I've heard an "official" report.

When I went to that website to request the coupon, it said it can't send one to an industrial address - I live in my RV, parked on the factory parking lot, and have been using their address for some years now.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Actually the wait is optional. Four of the local stations have announced they are still changing in February - another one hasn't said yet. They are apparently required to give 30 days notice of the changeover - which all the stations around here have been doing since December.

Reply to
Dennis