SMT Thru-Hole Pins

They're generically called "edge clips" or "hybrid edge connectors". Some makers:

Digi-Key stocks some milli-max stuff but I don't see any hybrid edge pins in their catalog with a quick look-see.

Good old-fashioned molex soldercon pins also work in a pinch...

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Turn off AdBlock. 8-) The pins are down the side of the DIP header.

JeffM

I see no pins here?

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."

Oxymoron huh?

But really, I am wondering if anyone has used the pins seen in the link below. Info, sourcing, etc.

Thanks!

Brian

Sorry, I'm so used to seeing Basic Stamps that I don't think about what they are made from.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Luhan Monat

What tooling is required to use these?

Reply to
Brian

I think he is referring to the pins that form the legs of the module.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Hybrid and smd subassembly contractors may recommend their own prefered parts for this application - saving you the cost of order quantities and tooling.

RL

Reply to
legg

Try

They will sell you small quantities of their products directly.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

A similar product line

You might fine the surface mount pins
in partticular of interest.

Robert

Reply to
R Adsett

Depends on volume.

They are supplied in reels (100K ?) and should be applied and reflowed prior to removal of the break-off strip carrier, to preserve alignment and coplanarity.

They can be installed manually, one off, with various jigs or clamps of your own, enabling lower volumes - but the tecnology is aimed at automation.

Again, check out the capabilities of your intended fab resource and design-to-meet for least hassle and trouble-free introduction of larger scales of production methods. They may even supply you with sufficient samples of their prefered material, to allow early physical development, without increasing lab part inventory.

RL

Reply to
legg

That'd be great, except:

a) their catalog request web form doesn't work b) the snipped-for-privacy@interplex.com address doesn't work c) the snipped-for-privacy@interplex.com address from the domain's whois doesn't work

So, they might have a great product and all, but they don't apparently want to actually sell them to anyone.

Reply to
Erik Walthinsen

Things change pretty quickly, don't they.

Try this one:

RL

Reply to
legg