PCB Edge-Mount Pin Header

Does anyone know who manufactures and/or sells these edge-mounted header pins used on the Basic Stamp?

Stamp II Picture ->

I've done a fair amount of research and cannot find anything quite like these.

Thanks

Reply to
ProtoTroniX

They might have them specially made. Companies like Molex will do that for customers, given enough sales volume.

I make that sort of thing using SIL pin headers. Harwin makes them, and they can plug into standard turned pin sockets.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

On 27 Mar 2006 06:22:59 -0800, "ProtoTroniX" Gave us:

Tie the two strings back together before pasting it into your browser.

OR do a google search for 24 pin WIDE DIP socket

OR buy single pin headers, and cut them at 24 pin lengths, and use two on you PCB to mount the chips.

Again, the two strings must be tied together to get the link right.

That was a simple search on "single row socket header".

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

I'm looking for something very similar, but the SIL idea may work better if the pins have enough compliance to mate to sockets that are not quite on a .1 in. grid (.1 in., +-0.025 in.). The Harwin drawing didn't mention compliance in the drawing. the application is shown below (well, my best attempt anyway).

Dave, || ||

Reply to
Dave Boland

On 27 Mar 2006 06:37:08 -0800, "Leon" Gave us:

Try not to over complicate things. The maker of that custom "chip assembly" would likely make it such that it can use standard off the shelf sockets. Aside from that, a single row header can easily be used. No need for a custom socket.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Just a few days ago, someone posted a link to the exact parts you're looking for - do a google groups search of maybe that last 2 weeks' posts - it'll probably jump out at you.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Donald