MT88E39

Hi,

I'm having problems sourcing small prototype quantities of this component, or its larger sibling the MT88E43. Just wondering if anyone reading this has used them and has some spare? or suggestions where to source, I've tried disti's here, USA and europe!

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon

"Jon"

** What is your special interest in "Caller ID " chips ??

Complete devices retail for $10 from Tandy etc.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Jon - have you tried

? $5.19 each. Don't know if they have stock though.

You really should email Phil and get his approval before doing any more work on this project! ;)

Reply to
Rob

Hi Jon,

Perhaps you have seen a design with the MITEL MT88E39 caller ID in it.

"I think" Mitel was taken over by Zarlink

yes.... here's the data sheet and product info page

Here are the Australian distributors

The email address won't work...

HOWEVER There are many other caller ID chips on the market..... and since Aus caller ID is modelled on the US GR-30 Exchange caller ID standard... then you have a lot of other options for Caller ID.

Some micro-controllers have integrated caller IC parts..... however, unless you are doing a volume design (10k~100k)... don't ask for support.

Also Aus caller ID uses the BEL202 modem tone standard, if you have some tone decoders and can can go as fast as 1200baud.... and smart micro-software.... then you can do your own caller ID decoding.

Also another IC is from CML (Consumer Micro-circuits Limited).... CMX602 or FX602.... I think.

BUT....... there are many more.

Regards Joe.G

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

i bought some of the 88E43's a couple of months ago for a "special" answering machine

expect to wait 2 weeks though!

BTW you might want to bypass their Ring detect circuit and use a DAA like the Redback from Pascom

it will add a few dollars to the project but i assume you wil be doing more that intercepting the Caller-ID

Reply to
Darren McInnes