Scare of the day...

The clearly written 2nd Amendment:

"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed"

yesterday was _almost_ trashed by the leftist weenies on the Supreme Court.

Fortunately, by a 5:4 decision, the leftist weenies were NOT able to trash one of the most fundamental rights guaranteed to us under our wonderfully written Constitution.

Elect Obama, and you may rest assured that won't be the only right you will lose.

Make my day... kick a leftist weenie's ass ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | | | | Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation | | | | Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked! |

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

If the "leftist weenies" on the court had prevailed, the result would have been upholding DC's handgun-ban law. How would that have had any effect on you?

What is it that you are scared of?

Reply to
Richard Henry

Come on James - at least quote the whole sentance:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't live in the US so I'm not bothered if you do or don't (bear arms that is).

Michael Kellett

Reply to
MK

What is it about "_right_of_the_people_" that you don't understand?

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

That the highest court in the land is too retarded to even understand=20 the very document they were sworn to uphold and protect.

Reply to
James Beck

Standard lawyer technique: Squint at a statement until you are certain it says exactly what you want it to say, then look away and prepare your statement (ruling).

Reply to
Don Bowey

You clearly have no understanding of the impact of DC's unconstitutional gun laws, safey, or the concept of freedom, and governement BY THE PEOPLE.

Here's a test:

Which has lower gun problems:

DC with it's idiotic gun restrictions, or NH with no gun restrictions.

I'll give you a hint, it ain't DC. It is proven time and time again that the gun restrictions don't save lives, or make the environment safer, then only give the criminals the peace of mind knowing that when they break into a home, they are safe!

Reply to
PeterD

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

No possible ruling by the Supreme Court in this case could have applied the DC law to NH.

So I repeat: what are you scared of?

Reply to
Richard Henry

My arms are naked, and i am a Baer, so what is the big deal?????

Reply to
Robert Baer

No problem here. I don't care whether you run around naked or whatever ;-)

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

DC's gun control fails because it is local. Local gun control laws are counterproductive because they disarm disproportionately more-law-abiding citizens, while the criminals are more willing to buy guns out of town.

Countries where only outlaws have guns have less gun crime. But gun control laws have to be nationwide.

As for USA - I give low prospect for a nationwide handgun ban, and I oppose municipal ones on basis of their significantly negative track records compared to national ones. Even if USA overtly passed a constitutional amendment either outright repealing the 2nd or modifying it to allow banning weapons more useful to common criminals (handguns) than to militia (everything bigger than .50 caliber, missiles, warships, tanks, military aircraft, aerial bombs, etc.), I still have doubts about effectiveness. America is the country where Prohibition was passed and failed, reinforcing that nation being one of freedom-loving outlaws. I expect a nationwide handgun ban in USA to be hardly more enforceable than a dress code for NYC's or San Francisco's gay pride parades.

Don Klipstein

No problem at all: The USSC says you have the right to Baer arms.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

NH has restrictions. One must be licensed to carry in NH. Now=20 cross over the left border into VT and there are no licensing laws=20 at all. The bad news about VT (other than it's a state run by=20 weenies) is that since there is no license available, one cannot=20 carry in NH, since one must be licensed to carry (but they are=20 reciprocal with pretty much every state).

Repeat this test with *every* city/state with strict licensing=20 requirements and those without.

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

d"

ou

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 =A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0|

=A0 |

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

You *clearly* don't understand the power of such a ruling.

Fools like you.=20

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

You hoplophobes continue to deny the fact that Article II of the Bill of Rights clearly says, in black and white, "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Anyone who would disarm American citizens is anti-American and should be deported.

And for those of you who want to wave the "militia" clause in my face, go back to third grade English class and learn to parse a sentence, with a particular focus on what a "subordinate clause" is.

The way the sentence actually parses is, "Since it's necessary that the militia be well-regulated, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." i.e., it's the duty of the citizens to REGULATE the militia!

And of course, that whole argument is notwithstanding the definition of the militia, which is able-bodied adult citizens.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

They think that means "the militia", which they don't realize is, in fact, the people. Or either they never learned to parse a subordinate clause. ;-)

The best kind of gun regulation is the ability to hit one's target reliably.

Of course, it would be desirable if in addition to knowing _how_ to shoot, people would bother to figure out _when_ to shoot, and _why_ to shoot.