Re: Scare of the day...

Here's a test:

>Which has lower gun problems: >DC with it's idiotic gun restrictions, or >NH with no gun restrictions. > >I'll give you a hint, it ain't DC. It is proven time and time again >that the gun restrictions don't save lives, or make the environment >safer, then only give the criminals the peace of mind knowing that >when they break into a home, they are safe!

..and D.C. will be SO much better with MORE guns because we all know that the USA (because it is the most-armed nation) has the lowest firearm murder rate. Oh, wait...

Your one-data-point analysis is pretty clueless as well:

. . If you're going to post from Google, you should learn HOW:

Another hint: Blockquoting someone else's *sig* is DUMB.

Reply to
JeffM

DC has high gun crime rate in part from depriving its law abiding citizens of self defense weapons while not doing anything from stopping its law-flouting criminals from going out of town to get guns in the one prosperous democracy that on a national basis lets most people get them.

Municipal gun control laws are counterproductive!

Don Klipstein

Ever been in DC?

Some years ago I had a project with the Navy Research Labs.

So a bunch of us are walking back from dinner along the Tidal Basin.

Cabby comes along, stops, and says, "It's not safe to walk along here"

Since there's five of us we say, "We're OK"

He says, "No you're not. Get in and I'll take you to your hotel for FREE"

:-)

BTW, I was born in DC, then my parents ski-daddled to WV.

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

I've only been to WV once. I'd been there for a couple hours max, and two guys tried to mug me. (Unsuccessfully, I might add.)

Grins, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Where in the world could you get mugged in WV?

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

Wheeling. Driving cross-country to MD, tired, looking for a place to stay the night.

It was late, dark, deserted. The place I inquired at was booked, and two guys stalked me on my way back to the car, ten strides back and gaining rapidly.

I was expecting a fight, but it wasn't necessary-- they didn't realize I was walking to my car up ahead, and I didn't betray it. Once alongside the car I ducked in, surprising them, before they could close.

Piece of cake.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Merely doing that, I have done quite a few times.

I suspect the cabby is a crook that lives by having a gun in his car in a municipality with municipal gun laws that don't stop outlaws from going out of town to get guns.

A deal "too good to be true" is "too good to be true" whether in an outlaw-land or in whatever area has very high compliance of laws even if compliance occurs to an extent indicating great voluntary compliance as opposed to compliance limited to enforcement success.

It appears to me that gun control laws are only effective to the extent that they are nationwide, upheld by national courts for nationwide enforcement, and enforced nationwide. I find municipal gun control laws to have outright negative effectiveness.

Don Klipstein