Re: Scare of the day...

Scare of the day...

> >The clearly written 2nd Amendment: > >"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed" > >yesterday was _almost_ trashed by the leftist weenies on the Supreme >Court. > >Fortunately, by a 5:4 decision, the leftist weenies were NOT able to >trash one of the most fundamental rights guaranteed to us under our >wonderfully written Constitution.

You snipped half of it. The 2nd amendment is the worst-written part of the Constitution; it's horribly ambiguous.

John

What is it about "_right_of_the_people_" that you don't understand?

Why is it that the cities with the most restrictive gun laws have the highest crime rates?

And those towns that _require_ homeowner gun ownership have virtually no crime?

Make my day... kick a leftist weenie's ass ;-)

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

Because there is a lot to steel.

Because there is nothing to steel except for an old rifle.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Jim Thomps>Why is it that the cities with the most restrictive gun laws

There was a made-for-TV movie that explored this subject. "The Right of the People" (1986)

*-*-spat-*-*-*-*-*+liberalized+drop I find the use of the word "liberalized" there ironic.

I note a difference between *town* and *big city*

--especially the **teeming masses** part. I'm interested to see how this works out for D.C. and to see if the model scales like you think it will.

I'm thinking this will be yet another black mark on Dubya's legacy.

Reply to
JeffM

What? Crime happens because there's a STEEL mill ?:-)

Yup. That indeed may be the metal the rifle is made from ;-)

Make my day... kick a leftist weenie's ass ;-)

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

Can you give us an example of a town that requires homeowners to have guns?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

"Joerg" skrev i en meddelelse news:5fa9k.6403$L snipped-for-privacy@flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com...

Detroit!? Brixton (London), Beirut, Kabul e.t.c. lots of places ;-)

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

What is it about having manners that you don't understand?

John

Rewrite your sentence above in Dutch and I admit I made a stupid spelling error :-) I meant to type 'steal'.

Kicking an environmentalist's ass makes my day :-)

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Reply to
Nico Coesel

Please cite where "manners" are defined in the Constitution ?:-)

THERE IS NO LAW PROTECTING YOU FROM BEING OFFENDED.

BECAUSE: "Offended" is a self-inflicted act when you don't like me expressing MY freedom of speech ;-)

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

How about a country? (Besides Switzerland, that is.)

The entire United States, once upon a time, required all able-bodied males between 18 and 45 to arm themselves with rifle or musket, 24 rounds of ammo, and stand ready to the call... (The 2nd Militia Act of 1792)

The people were the Militia.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, you just explained it. So, Jim, which town?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Municipal gun control laws are counterproductive. Common criminals (or gun runners / "straw purchasers" selling to them) are willing to go out of town to get guns.

To keep common criminals from merely going out of town to get guns, gun control laws have to be nationwide. And nations where only outlaws have guns have less gun crime than USA has.

Its just that Americans overall like their guns. America is a country of 40% puritans, 60% freedom-loving-outlaws. Even if the 2nd Amendment were overtly clarified, modified or repealed in a Constitutionally allowed manner, I expect a nationwide handgun ban to fly about as well as Prohibition or the 55 MPH national speed limit, or more like an osmium-filled lead balloon or a dress code for San Francisco's gay pride parade.

Don Klipstein

Joerg wrote:

Two of them, actually:

*-ownership-of-firearms&strip=1

Reply to
JeffM

*-ownership-of-firearms&strip=1

Quote: "The ordinance has no enforcement provision, and specifically allows exceptions for those who are opposed to weapons on principle, ..."

Sorry but that don't count ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

There is no law that says I have to do you favors the next time you ask.

John

Of course not. There is only _reciprocity_.

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

Wow, you *don't* understand manners.

John

OK, Miss Manners, Tell me ;-)

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

Judith Martin says it better than I ever could:

She is brilliant, and understands perfectly that manners are a lot more important than using the right fork. She also understands that you can be vicious without being rude.

John