Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

I should have added some English examples that illustrate how Pott and Deckel are, when used in "wie Pott und Deckel":

- like Horse and Carriage - like peas in a pod - hand and glove

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Yep, exactly.

There are many more and which one is used depends on the region. For example, in Bavaria they'd say "gehupft wie gesprungen".

That's the only way to learn it, either in the country or in a group of people where you are sort of forced to speak it and the exposure to other languages is zero for hours at a time. This is how I learned Dutch but now it has degraded to where I can read and understand. Writing has become horrible and speaking usually comes back after 2-3 beers.

No, but a brewmaster :-)

Some day I'll brew again. But tonight we'll first bake bread on the barbecue. Yummy!

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I speak "southern" when I get mad ;-) ...Jim Thompson

THIS POSTING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ELECTRONICS
WHERE ARE THE THOUGHT POLICE WHEN YOU NEED THEM?
Reply to
invalid

An official importer can fight a grey market importer through the copyright on the product name. they can't do much about direct imports though.

Reply to
keithr

"keithratbag "

** Product names are not covered by copyright - you ass !!

Or no-one could ever mention them in print !!!!

Corporate logos are however covered by trade mark law and copyright - but rarely do importers have any legal rights over them.

If they did, they might be tempted to apply them to any products they like.

Been known to happen, many times.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Try opening a business called Apple computers and see how long it takes for a lawyer to appear on your doorstep. Copyright and registered business names have been used to shut down grey importers several times in Australia.

Reply to
keithr

"keithratbag "

** Totally irrelevant to the point -

FUCKWIT !!

** But never once copyright on the PRODUCT NAME !!

FUCKWIT !!

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Well then explain how come Apple are suing the crap out of anybody marketing a product with any name resembling iPod?

Reply to
keithr

"keithratbag "

** Not even faintly relevant to the " grey market " issue

Wot a clueless FUCKWIT !!

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Trademark protection?

Terry

Reply to
Terry Dawson

Are they suing the crap out of people selling second-hand iPods?

Reply to
krw

Nope, but try setting up a grey market importing business and see how long it takes their lawyers to arrive on your door step.

Reply to
keithr

"keithratbag "

** Yaaaaaawwwnnnn...

Yeah, the evil boogie man will get you.

ROTFL

Wot a pathetic bullshit artist.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

An excellent description of your good self Fill

Reply to
keithr

"keithratbag "

** Yaaaaaawwwnnnn...

Yeah, the evil boogie man will GET get you.

ROTFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wot a pathetic LIAR you are.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Let me see if I can translate that to something more meaningful.

I think what you were trying to convey is, Phil is "Full of himself" ?

Of course, most of us knew that any way :)

Reply to
Jamie

Almost as full as you are of yourself.

--