Get RICH QUICK the Mike States Way!

Buy a bunch of old radio books for a few bucks:

3 Radio Books Lot #10 1940's

Winning bid: US $8.99 Ended: Apr-04-07 18:25:01 PDT Shipping costs: US $3.95 (discount available) US Postal Service Media MailTM S

Meet the seller Seller: richardlemay( 1442Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Feedback: 100% Positive Member: since Feb-09-98 in United States Read feedback comments Ask seller a question

This lot consists of the following 3 RADIO books

  1. The Fundamentals of Radio and how they are applied by Henry Lionel Williams. Copyright 1945 by the Blakiston Company. Reprinted January,
1947. Book is very good. Dust Jacket has many rips and tears.

2.Elements of Radio by Abraham Marcus and William Marcus. Copyright

1948 by Prentice-hall , Inc. Good condition. Shelf Wear.

  1. Fundamentals of radio by Edward C. Jordan, Paul H. Nelosn, William Carl Osterbrock, Fred H. Pumphrey, Lynne C. Smeby. Editor W.L.Everitt. Copyright 1942 by Prentice-Hall, Inc. Good condition. Notes in the margins, underlining.

USA buyers pay $3.95 media mail ( Includes delivery confirmation) for shipping in the USA. Please email BEFORE placing a bid if you have any questions.

AND write some flowery horseshit and sell for ten times as much:

Vintage RCA Broadcast Transmitters & More in 1942 book! Item number: 200096547969

Meet the seller Seller: states( 5106Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999) Feedback: 99.9% Positive Member: since May-15-98 in United States Read feedback comments Ask seller a question Add to Favorite Sellers View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

NOTE: If you have less than 5 feedbacks, contact me before bidding.

I combine shipping to save money, never a packaging or handling fee, and as close to actual shipping as I can get.

From 1942 comes this classic radio broadcasting "how to" book which

has a lot of neat information, pictures and even fold out schematics of vintage transmitters (RCA mostly, like the Type 1-K; 5-E; 250K) plus much other cool radio stuff.

Fundamentals of Radio is from 1942 with a number of writers and contributors, with 400 pages, hardback, and in solid, used condition. Does have a child's penciled drawings on the first and last blank pages...a future Picasso? The good parts are unmarked.

In any case, with 400 pages, you are bound to learn a lot, and those fold out schematics are not easy to find!

USA shipping is $4 Air or $10 Global Priority Air to most countries overseas.

Check my auctions for equally interesting items!

Overseas bidders are welcome, but please contact me if you have less than 5 feedbacks before bidding.

Check my feedback, bid with confidence!

Paypal preferred....or check, money order. Not responsible for items once they leave here, but they seem to make it about 99.8% of the time! All sales final unless I misdescribe something.

For what it's worth department: I have been involved in audio recording for 25 years, and have had a vintage, tube equipped recording studio for 20 years, which is mostly sold now. In that time I have come to appreciate the great, thick, full sound of vacuum tube and discrete "Class A" transistor circuits. The fact is, tube equipment, especially the vintage stuff, does sound better....maybe someday digital will approach it, but don't hold your breath!

Let's look for these: Audio Control Handbook by Robert S. Oringel (1972) Item number: 170064767821

This item has ended with Buy it Now.

View larger picture

Buy It Now price: US $0.99 Shipping costs: US $2.59 are 1956 ELECTRONICS MADE EASY by Lothar Stern RADIO Item number: 140097239181

Buyer or seller of this item? Sign in for your status

states won this item with a Best Offer of US $3.00.

Buy It Now price: US $10.99 Best Offer US $3.00 Shipping costs: US $3.15 US Postal Service Media MailTM Service to United States Ships to: Worldwide Item location: North Brookfield, MA, United States History: Purchases Buyer: states( 5106Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999) You can also: Email to a friend Listing and payment details: HideShow

Payment methods: PayPal (preferred), Money order/Cashiers check See details

Meet the seller Seller: purplecn( 2870Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Feedback: 100% Positive Member: since Jan-29-02 in United States Read feedback comments Ask seller a question Add to Favorite Sellers View seller's other items: Store | List Visit seller's Store: Member has an eBay StoreExceptionally Eclectic

RANSFORMERS-E.A.Western Co. 1954-Construction of... Item number: 150102115215

Bidder or seller of this item? Sign in for your status Bidding has ended for this item

Buyer or seller of this item? Sign in for your status.

View larger picture

Winning bid: US $0.99 Ended: Mar-21-07 15:15:04 PDT Shipping costs: US $2.00 US Postal Service Media MailTM Service to United States Ships to: United States Item location: Grangeville, Idaho, United States History: 1 bid Winning bidder: states( 5106Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999) You can also: Email to a friend Listing and payment details: HideShow

Starting time: Mar-14-07 15:15:04 PDT Starting bid: US $0.99

Meet the seller Seller: camasart( 2993Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) About Me Feedback: 99.9% Positive Member: since Dec-09-98 in United States Read feedback comments Ask seller a question Add to Favorite Sellers View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

I'm offering a vintage 14 page softbound book: TRANSFORMERS--Practical Transformer Construction in very good condition. Light edge wear and light outer soiling. Copyright is 1954, published by E. A. Western Co., Phoenix. Type written with drawn illustrations. Listing several of these with very low starting bids... check 'em out! thanks!

Description Exceptionally Eclectic

Visit my eBay Store:Exceptionally Eclectic

Of course I'm writing the IRS to make sure they know to expect Mike's check for his taxes too. Just trying to be helpful.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

The dude's feedback is 99.9% positive after 9 years of biz. He buys low and sells high. Sounds like good biz to me - WTF is wrong with that? You have some kind of problem with capitalism?

LV

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Reply to
Lord Valve

What's WRONG is that Count Ludwig von Happymeal thinks he's John Madden giving play-by-play without a Telestrator and posting it to said four groups.

Have a fair and equitable morning

Reply to
thisjukeboxplays33rpm

Sounds like material you should read, Bret, considering your knowledge level.

Reply to
Radiola

That's what happens when you buy something sold for much less than it is worth because the seller either doesn't know or doesn't care and you turn around and resell it for what it is worth. At least what it's worth to someone.

You act like that is something new or totally dishonest. If he is purposely misrepresenting what he is selling that is one thing, but if it is an honest representation and someone is willing to pay his price, there is nothing wrong with that. People in the antique business have done it for hundreds of years.

Now I don't want to pop your rose covered bubble, but you realize that Wal-Mart buys a crap pile of stuff from China for pennies on the dollar and then resells it to you for probably ten times what they paid for it, right? Unless you can show something genuinely dishonest that this guy is doing, then your call out is out of line.

Reply to
WindsorFox

HAFAEM Heh, that should make some people think "WTF??"

Reply to
WindsorFox

.

1) Buy low, sell high.

2) The worth of a thing is what it will bring. 3) Caveat emptor.

Works for me.

LV

Reply to
Lord Valve

Sounds like someone is jealous they're not making money! I got a ton of 2 way radio equipment once, was going to use it - kept it here for a year and then said to hell with it. I paid $10 total - and that was to have it hauled here - I didn't have a truck then. I placed all on E-bay and made close to $1000. "I" didn't set the prices - they did. I start my bids out at $1. As for his "taxes" - that is between him and the IRS. I'm sure they've got much bigger fish to fry. That guy is doing a normal business. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Reply to
Radiosrfun

You're wasting your breath, my lord. The thief Bret Ludwig is probably the last American Communist. He doesn't believe in intellectual property (he stole mine and others' right out in public and bragged about it, he stole from Apple and bragged about it) or profit (see below); he is a zenophobe (public namecalling of non-whites -- see any post from the thief Ludwig). He believes in central planning (see his posts on what the government should do to protect incompetent American workers). He believes all these wanky policies should be enforced out of the barrel of a gun. Like I said, Ludwig is the last American Communist. He and Iveson are birds of a feather.

They're both dumb enough to believe that they should be in charge of the central direction of the state, rather than the hidden hand of Adam Smith as wielded by you and me, the butcher, the baker and the candlestickmaker. Need one ask who espouses the more successful policy, judging only by the results of the proponents, in this case you and I, both with observable achievements, versus those two permanent losers.

Andre Jute Laissez faire rules!

The thief Bret Ludwig wrote:

Reply to
Andre Jute

You are simply full of shit as always.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Andre Jute wrote about the thief Bret Ludwig and the pinkocommiefellowtraveller Ian Iveson:

To which the thief Bret Ludwig's entire response is:

Not so cocky about stealing from me now, are you, you little scumbag?

Andre Jute "I always get my man" -- John Wayne

Reply to
Andre Jute

I guess it's better than the Get RICH QUICK the Bret Ludwig way... you know where you pick out used toilet paper from the can, dry it out, and attempt to resell it.

Sounds like you bought a bunch of Mike's books and are now suffering from a major case of buyer's remorse. Otherwise, how would you know Mr States first name?

You know books are useful if, instead of using them to create make- shift coffee tables with(I know, all of your friends at the moblie home park are doing it),you read them. Much can be learned by reading them instead of drawing bulls eyes on them and using them for target practice.

What's a book worth? Typically, to sign up for a college course to learn a books-worth of knowlege, one may pay thousand dollars or more. Unfortunately, the college courses which taught vintage electronics, are long gone. So, if you weigh it out this way, the book is worth thousand or more dollars. And getting a thousand+ dollar book for 100 dollars, is, in my books(bad pun intended), one heck of a deal.

Remember, there are two kinds of people. Those who read books and those who use books to create make-shift coffee tables with.

Bret, get over it already!

Reply to
mr electron

It is suggested that you manage to remove RAR+P from the crossposting in the future. We are slowly recovering in his absense.

Reply to
thisjukeboxplays33rpm