Re: OT: Global Warming ? India rejects the lie.

g and

es, last

wouldn't

is generally

ear a

rs.

is entire

e is eh ?

t just marks

happy being

tically

justment to

This is the only point of view that John Fields can experience, and he does tend to over-generalise.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I use FireFTP, which is a Firefox applet. I can just drag-and-drop a file into the FTP folder, and there it is.

John

g and

es, last

wouldn't

ear a

rs.

is entire

e is eh ?

t just marks

happy being

tically

s.

You've never specified the sums that are spent on researching global warming; merely claiming that it has to be in the billions of dollars without adducing a shred of evidence.

When you asked me to justify my comment, I came up with real numbers.

Exxon-Mobil isn't the only fossil fuel business that funds climate change denial - merely the best known offender.

And even 19 million dollars buys a lot of media space; it is a lot cheaper to rake over old scientific papers that it is to real research in climate science and there are a lot of unsophisticated readers - like you and Eeyore - who are not equipped to recognise that the denialists get their mileage by reviving hypotheses that were shot down soon after they were first published.

Denialist propaganda is effective in changing the opinions of the unsophisticated. There are occasional grains of truth in the propaganda being sent out - the original, now-exploded hypotheses being revived had to be persuasive enough to get published in peer- reviewed scientific journals - and the propaganda lies by omission, in failing to present the subsequently published evidence that eventually demolished these emminently falsifiable hypotheses.

It is still lying propaganda, being pushed out by people who put their interest in making a profit today above their children's interest in preserving a tolerable environment.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ment/...

ight-

.

But pompous, over-confident and spitefully intolerant of criticism, especially when the criticism is coirrect.

Always a clear sign that John is busy with something thqat he wants to boast about.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ent/...

ght-

Sounds to me to exactly like politically motivated fuss; Mann's hockey stick was fine, Mann's statistics weren't done carefully enough to satisfy academic statisticians - but have you ever tried to analyse real-world data to the satisfaction of an academic statistician? It takes years, and they never seem to be satisfied until they've invented a new statistical test (which they proceed to publish, having got you to pay for the necessary research and computer time). The National Academy of Science is populated by high-performing academics who understand exactly where the statisticians are coming from, and whole-heartedly sympathise with every scheme to extract research money from people trying to do useful work.

Then you don't know much about science.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Try smearing it between your ears - that area seems to be badly infested with a particularly virulent case of crut.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

nment/...

I'm sure you did. I'm deeply sympathetic to your desire to be seen as someone who can do pedantic argument, but not sympathetic enough to read through any more of your pathetic attempts at the genre - you should try to say more with fewer words. Since you don't seem to have anything useful to say, I'd recommend total silence.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

last

wouldn't

generally

entire

eh ?

just marks

happy being

politically

adjustment to

--
A generalization, of course, but hardly an over-generalization, since
it\'s clear to anyone who can parse an English sentence properly that the

Well... Maybe not; maybe I\'ve extended you undeserved credit.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
Area???

Lucky you; that _volume_ of yours is empty.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
PKB, in spades!
Reply to

Oh, great, thanks! You'd still have to type the link though but at least the upload procedure is cut down. In case anyone else is interested:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[snip]

Slow day, John? Feeding the troll only gets you bullshit.

I'm always pleased to note that I'm the highest standard for Slowman's disdain, but please don't feed the jerk. Let him die that most unpleasant of deaths... alone ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I don't see the convenience. It's certainly not as easy to use as WSFTP.

...Jim Thompson

My challenge will be to find local technician temps who can hand-solder this. Sending it to a contract mfg place would cost a bundle each time, that only makes sense if we produce a pre-series.

Looks like 3nsec transitions. Amazing. I've built linear RF amps with it's European brother, the BSS123. Tons of dynamic range out of a 4c device that was never intended to be used in linear fashion.

Did you ever try to make pulses with the BFS17 as a follower? That old thing really rocks, you can cut into sub-nsec turf. Same price range. Of course nowadays there are BFG types which rock even more.

Nice.

Those I toss over the fence, to my layouter :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

--
Translation:

"I can\'t possibly deal with the issues he\'s brought up and come out on
the other side looking good, so lemme try to minimize the damage by
pretending that I\'m an authority who can judge what\'s rubbish and what
isn\'t.
Reply to
John Fields

space."

You mean Wise FTP? That's what I am using right now.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Sorry, but what you just wrote is quite typical of AGW fanatics. When the facts thin out or become shaky it turns into ad hominem attacks. The good thing is that the general population seems to be seeing through this by now. At least in our area.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

space."

This...

except the paid version. My copy is around 15 years old...

...Jim Thompson

I don't type anything. I drag a file into the FTP folder. If I want to post the link, here for instance, I just open the page and copy the URL and paste it here. Easy.

John

space."

How do you do the part "I just open the page"? Does it do automatic hyperlinking so you can click your way to the *gif file and then copy and paste the URL? I have to type all that in.