Re: OT: Global Warming ? India rejects the lie.

> > India Throws Monkey Wrench into West's Global Warming Agenda > Written by Selwyn Duke > Tuesday, 28 July 2009 10:15

More anti-global warming propaganda, from yet another American right- wing nitwit. We've already got enough of them in this user-group without Graham importing yet more of the rubbish they chose to believe.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Well at least it helps to balance your pro AGP propaganda Bill.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

.

"Propaganda"? My arguments are based on non-controversial facts - not bizarre rubbish extracted fom far-right-wing web-sites.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

a) most are not facts but possibilities extracted from dubious models

- not

b) yours are extracted from IPCC sites sponsored to the tune of billions of dollars by governments merely to further their own power hungry ambitions.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

So why do you deny the facts that global temperatures are falling and sea level is dropping ?

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

ROFL!

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I just checked out HadCRUT-3 global, monthly and annual figures, last night.

Looks like global temperatures already regained in the past year a majority of the way from a recent drop lasting a mere 3 or so years.

Don Klipstein

Perhaps you like to cite some examples? I do distinguish between measured observations and the outputs of computer models. There is the point that there's no such thing as a theory-free measurement, and some of the satellite observations of the temperatures of various layers of the atmosphere do seem to need a lot of deconvolution, but that's not activelycontroversial.

The IPCC sites are a bit too technical for this user-group; the IPCC is sponsored by a number of goverments to produce objective digests of the peer-reviewed literature on climate change, which is funded - in turn - like all other academic research, Most of it is carried out at universities, which don't seem to have got a lot of extra money to enlarge their atmospheric physics groups.

You might like to try to document your claim that money is being poured into climate change research - this is claimed (but not documented) on some of the sillier denialist web-sites, and if you were merely quoting their propaganda, you'd have just revealed youself as another gullible nit-wit.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

t/...

t-

level

If you were paying proper attention, you would have noticed that I don't. What I reject is your argument that this short term noise on the global temperature and mean sea level measurements says anything meaningful about anthropogenic global warming.

Not that you are equipped to say anything meanful about anthropogenic global warming, beyond admitting that you don't understand the science involved or the arguments being made.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

So, please enlighten me, do you have a figure for how much governments are spending on climate change research?

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

A jumble of numbers with no indication what they represent. And I wouldn't like to be living at 1850s temperatures either.

Where ? The provisional figure in green ? The Met Ofice has got this entire summer's forecast totally wrong. Let's see what the *actual* figure is eh ? Even the IPCC now expects cooling for 10 more years.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

t/...

t-

ns

No. But neither do you, and you were silly enough to claim billions - which is absurd. Even the occasional atmosphere-monitoring satellite doesn't cost anything like that much, and keepng track of what is going on in the atmosphere is interesting to short term forecast meteorologists as well as the climatologists.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Do enjoy your roll around the floor, then find a post of mine where I've relied on a controversial fact. You may save some time by smeearing the egg on your face before you start searching.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

st

Graham isn't at his best when asked to deal with real data.

re

?

Only if we believe your denialist web-site. Why don't you find out what the IPCC actually believes, rather than quoting some straw man figures that some Exxon-Mobil lackey has dreamed up?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The hockeystick curve?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

So, do you think the spend on climate research is more or less than is spent by the denialists Exxon et al??

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Show me a man who always relies on non-controversial facts, and I'll show you a really bad circuit designer. And a grim old fart to boot.

John

I like to see the TeeVee weather forecast. Last night, the weather person pointed out some high-pressure system to our south, but some humidity to our west.

He commented, "So, it's either going to be warmer tomorrow, or cooler."

?????? Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Eeyore claims that the hockey stick curve is a complete fraud because Mann committed some errors generating it.

Meanwhile, correcting Mann's errors does not remove existence of the hockey stick curve.

Some claiming lack of hockey stick curve cite Loehle. However, Loehle's own "corrected global temperature reconstruction" following his earlier paper comes in a paper saying that the 29 year period centered on 1992, according to use of GISS past where Loehle's "Corrected Global Temperature Reconstruction ends, was .07 degree cooler then the height of the MWP. The world has been a lot warmer ever since 1992. Not even Loehle can make the hockey stick go away - only show a couple curves in the handle, leaving the blade intact.

Don Klipstein

I said I wouldn't like to be living in a colder world thanks. Warmth is generally a GOOD thing and more CO2 results in bettter crop yields - FACT.

God Almighty. Give up the tired 'denialist' and Exxon-Mobiil shit. It just marks you out as a 'rent-a-mob' type who can't think for yourself. You're happy being spoonfed an alleged consensus when it's patently fraudulent and politically driven. It makes you look pretty stupid.