Re: "Intelligent" designer? Puh! Pathetic designer, more like.

Yes, much more intelligent to accept assertions without evidence, if the person making the assertion insists it's true.

Reply to
JessHC

ch

=BDThat

he

-

Gosh, that proves we're wrong.

Oh, wait. No, it doesn't.

Reply to
JessHC

discussion.

Huh. Never heard that excuse before.

Reply to
JessHC

OMG (that's Gosh), another one on the attack........

Reply to
Don Bowey

That's on page 44.

Reply to
Don Bowey

I didn't realize he was speaking of himself, putting us all into one sack and all that.

It was good of him to recognize that.

Reply to
Don Bowey

You may want to consult a real dictionary and not rely on what you hear in this thread. In mine proof and evidence are synonymous.

You can't find anyplace where I said that.

Lack of proof or evidence means only that their is no finding either way.

Reply to
Don Bowey

You obviously missed it.

Here is the post about which I claim is neither logical, nor good science.

I believe it was in a post by Mr Lee: "The total lack of objective verifiable evidence of the existence of any Gods is evidence that no Gods exist. This is basic and simple logic."

Reply to
Don Bowey

Reply to
Don Bowey

More misleading BS.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Live and learn. This thread is a barnyard and we're all playing in it, but it's no place to sit around in our nice clothes to have a serious discussion.

Reply to
Don Bowey

It wasn't that good of a movie, predictable characters.

But you're right - you can't handle the truth. That's why it's best you stick with your little gods. Religions are for those that cannot handle reality.

Plonk.

--
Dave

You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents,
not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists.
  - Abbie Hoffman
Reply to
David V.

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:47:38 -0800, in alt.atheism Don Bowey wrote in :

Are you? It's hard to tell, your anti-science posts and self-righteous responses are quite reminiscent of the most intentionally brain-impaired creationists who call themselves Christian.

Reply to
Free Lunch

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:28:20 -0800, in alt.atheism Don Bowey wrote in :

Not really. People generally have the religion they are taught. Some change religions, often for very self-centered reasons. Since the whole thing is a discussion of claims that are completely unsupported by any evidence, there's no way for anyone to show that their religious claims are true.

Reply to
Free Lunch

About what? Do you really think I care about a bunch of godless morons who want to spend all their time trying to condem everyone who believes? Guess that I am not a very good christian but logic says to stop wasting time with what you can't change.

Reply to
BobR

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:46:59 -0800, in alt.atheism Don Bowey wrote in :

Now you are switching the focus of the discussion to something else. Why don't you answer honestly and forthrightly? What religion demands you to be dishonest?

So what? Unless you can formulate a definition of a god that would show that there would be no evidence for that god, there is nothing to discuss, you will have lost. You do not get to merely assert that it is okay that no evidence exists for that god. You have to show us that it is possible.

You have spent too much time in the company of unquestioning theists.

The lack of evidence for any gods is what we would expect if there were no gods. If you want to show us that gods exist, then you either have to provide evidence, which we know you do not have, or you have to provide a valid argument that explains why there is no evidence. Neither has been done.

Reply to
Free Lunch

Well, I don't really need to - it's your decision what you choose to believe. And I don't need proof, because I experience Her inside me 24/7. :-)

I just find it so sad that people put such a dramatic limitation on the size and scope of what they allow themselves to wrap their mind around.

Practically everything I _see_ is evidence that "God" exists.

Part of the misunderstanding may be that I'm not talking about the Santa Claus model of "God".[1] It's a much, much bigger story than that, that goes all the way back to before the beginning of time.

Well, I'd like for somebody to answer the question, "What was it that made the atoms decide to assemble themselves into DNA?"

Thanks, Rich

[1] "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake; He knows if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness' sake!

Oh, you'd better watch out! You'd better not cry! Better not pout, I'm telling you why - God is coming to PUNISH YOU FOR YOUR SINS!!!!! ;-)

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

/Quote/ It was only a little over 100 years ago that man began to deduce the nature of this weird, minuscule thing and gave it a name: the electron. For most of history he was unaware of its existence, ascribing its effects to various gods. A large, powerful god who hurled lighting bolts, such as Zeus, Thor, or Jupiter. Or little ones who hid in amber, which attracted feathers or straw when rubbed, or in the lodestone (magnet), which attracted other stones of the same kind. /UnQuote/

Yes, like the elders of ancient times. You see what you want to see. I am sure your god IS everywhere.

The above Quote is NOT from a god bashing book. Its from a book about our history of electronics and electrons.

( for the non-technical groups on this thread, good luck )

Much Ado About Almost Nothing Man's Encounter with the Electron by: Hans Camenzind

Goto:

and download the rest of the book.

donald

Reply to
donald

What a remarkably stupid thing to say.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:03:12 -0500, in alt.atheism Christopher A. Lee wrote in :

He might be blind.

Reply to
Free Lunch