Re: GhostScript/GhostView ??

Hi,

> I find that .png format is way better for line drawings. > Yes! Remarkably small file sizes and surprising clarity at the other end. > I use that 90% of the time and it renders nicely on almost any PC.

png is a bitmap format, and never as good as a vector format if you have a vector grafic. The pitty is that word isn't able to handle vector graphics in a useful way :-( Even Powerpoint can't do this in a clean way.

Marte

Reply to
Marte Schwarz

Ok, but PNG can be read by pretty much any PC and that's what really matters to my clients. Also, PNG produces schematics and stuff in small file sizes and stunning clarity.

I used to import lots of HPGL files into DOS-Word in the 90's. Never a problem. I don't know whether Win-Word does it as good, somehow HPGL has fizzled away a bit.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to