SOIC DTMF encoder/decoder IC needed

Hi all,

I'm looking for a DTMF encoder ic and a matching DTMF decoder IC.

The ones I have seen use a serial interface bus but I am after discreet binary output.

I am aware of the Motorola MC145436 but it seems that this chip is going out of fashion. (Farnell and RS dont stock it any more)

Any ideas?

Reply to
Phil in Melbourne

"Phil in Melbourne" a écrit dans le message de news:

46f0e371$0$1027$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au...

DTMF chips are definitively obsolete, as everybody is now doing DTMF generation and detection by software. The easiest solution would be I think to use a low cost microcontroller with built-in analog resources, like the PSoC from Cypress (in particular as the PSoC Designer development tools do support DTMF generation, and as applications notes exists I think for DTMF detection...). The smallest chips will probably be enough.

Friendly, Robert Lacoste

Robert Lacoste

There is no need for a dedicated DTMF chip. The DTMF encoding and decoding is perfectly done by a microcontroller.

Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Try Google on "CML Micro".

Reply to
mpm

...and, for detection, often not as well as the dedicated ICs did. There were a lot of clever techniques used back then to avoid falsing and really dig signals out of the mud, whereas if you look at the app notes for doing it in software today, the quality tends to be all over the board. Many don't even use the old Bell Labs test tapes that were specifically designed to characterize the quality of a decoder.

Granted, with almost all phone calls going digital except for the last bit of analog between a home and a concentrator/central office, lower quality DTMF decoders aren't as much of a problem as they once might have been.

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

See the PDF of my patent...

4,472,816 FSK Discriminator

at

Nothing quite beats analog for pulling signals out of the noise.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

1500 parts contain DTMF in their description on the DatasheetArchive site.

Hope these are useful.

Reply to
administrator