Re: GhostScript/GhostView ??

Jim,

Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat?

If so, it comes with Distiller, which will convert the PostScript to PDF, after which you can just use Acrobat to crop the image, and then copy and paste into Word.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

I do have Adobe Acrobat v7.0.9

Is cropping in Adobe file-size efficient?

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Dunno, but I would not crop (out) sensitive material with Word. Chances are very good it's still there in the file somewhere.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I suspect the same is true of Adobe :-(

...Jim Thompson

Which brings up an interesting point: Is there a way to purge all this stuff in MS-Word?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Methinks if you edit everything in MS-Word, then when all the I's are dotted and T's are crossed store it as PDF, shouldn't it all be gone?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

It depends upon the nature of the edits.

E.g. if you "redact" information by making the background match the foreground (i.e. black text on black background = black box), you'll probably end up with the same information in the PDF.

Similarly, if you crop an imported PS/PDF/etc figure in Word, the PDF may well contain the complete figure, nested inside a clip rectangle.

If you need to be sure that information isn't being hidden, you need to either look at the source (which largely rules out complex binary formats), or convert to a relatively low-level format which doesn't have the ability to retain "hidden" information (e.g. render to a raster image format).

Reply to
Nobody

Probably not if you capture a print job to a pdf.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.