Re: GhostScript/GhostView ??

Joerg,

That goes against my environmental grain. I won't toss another PC into the > garbage pail just because some programmers can't get their bloat reigned in. > For me, there are solutions, in this case not using OO.

Should we start taking bets on which of you, John or Jim will be the first to end up using the bloatware tour de force that is Windows Vista?

:-)

Yes, I know all of you have sworn it off, I'm just betting that sooner or later you'll be using it anyway. (Not that I'm looking to use it either at this point, but pragmatically I fully expect that probably sometime before this decade is out, I will be anyway.)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Not me. I just bought 6 copies of XP Pro ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Is there a good deal out there right now? I bought older versions of stuff at Purplus, like a mechanical engineering CAD system where I really don't need the latest and greatest. I guess it's liquidation stock.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Lots of water will flow down the Klondike until then ;-)

Eventually there will be HW that won't run with anything but Vista. I hope that it's stable enough by then. For example, this PC right here made some evil hisses lately so it might have to be replaced. I will try my darndest to find an XP box but it might not be a successful search. Since it's just the "Gerber check and usenet PC" I don't want to spend much. Well, there are always yard sales :-)))