Re: Could Australia Blow Apart the Great Global Warming Scare?

I checked--it's actually August 6.

Cheers

PH

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

or

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

There are plenty of other reasons or shooting this particular messenger. He sits in the Australian Senate as the sole elected representative of the "Family First" party.

and consequently can have a casting vote on controversial legislation. He doesn't know any more about anthropogenic global warming than Eeyore, so it isn't altogether surprising that Eeyore sees him as some kind of hero.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Actually, I suspect he's not ignorant, but is seeking concessions in return for his vote. I hate to think what they might be though.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

message=20

warmed for

assistant

Senator

administration

climate

think--shoot=20

=20

Depends on the particular technology used. Some are pulse position based some are pulse width based and orthogonally some have a subcarrier modulation (typically 40 kHz range).

Reply to
JosephKK

?:-)

everything.=20

zero=20

Cool, i will let the "new" price wear off a little and but a copy.

Reply to
JosephKK

My daughter thanks you for financing 8 minutes of her college education. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Something that I can just buy off-the-shelf?

...Jim Thompson

Is that a reason to "shoot the messenger"?

Is that a reason to "shoot the messenger"?

Is that a reason to "shoot the messenger"?

Reply to
rebel

age

d for

tant

or

ate

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

I don't want him shot in any literal sense, but the messages he wants to convey aren't coming from sources of rational information - the party in power has got a bunch of realistic policies based on good scientific advice, and Senator Fielding is't going to get any column inches or attract any supporters by saying "me too" to any of that.

Senator Fielding, as the sole elected representative of his "Family First" party, is pretty much reduced to trolling for the lunatic fringe vote, and his attittude to global warming is just one aspect of this strategy. He's probably not smart enough to be doing this consciously, but being somewhat dim and decidedly ignorant leaves him free to hunt for votes in places that more fastidious politicians might avoid.

Eeyore's claim that his contibution to the debate represents any kind of breakthrough for the denialist cause is just one more example of Eeyore being dim and ignorant - as if we didn'thave enough of them already.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

in=20

=20

=20

=20

of=20

?:-)

second=20

everything.=20

zero=20

user.

=20

;)

8 minutes! Perhaps i will wait a few days longer and only fund 6 minutes. ;=3D)
Reply to
JosephKK

If you genuinely believe that then you are nuttier than you claim Fielding to be.

I suspect you have totally misunderstood him and his position.

You clearly have no idea about the political scene in Australia.

You are now starting to sound like your nickname was justly awarded.

Reply to
rebel

Maybe, but much of that is junk. Can't you cajole one of your grandkids into building you one and becoming interested in engineering along the way?

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

for

assistant

"Realistic policies" are always a matter of opinion. You may not think that Rudd's advisors are producing sound scientific advice, but anybody who thinks different is either a fool or excessively susceptible to the denialist propaganda put out by the fossil carbon extraction industries, who spend a lot of money fooling the gullible.

I'm sure that you can portray his situation in a more way, but independent senators serving as the sole elected representative of a single issue party haven't got a lot of options.

It doesn't repay concentrated attention,and never did. Australian politicians command roughly the same level of respect in the community as used car dealers and real estate salesmen. Shane Maloney

gives me all the insight I need.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

message

for

assistant

climate

Sounds more like Rudd and his advisors have got you sucked in completely.

Don't know which keyword you omitted. But (O/T) the problem with single issue party representatives is that they get to vote on *all* issues.

It does for the Asutralians who actually live here under it.

I don't think many rational people will argue with that view. There are two "wall-posters' which describe politicians rather aptly:

"Politicians are like bananas. They all start out green, quickly turn yellow, and there isn't a straight one in the bunch"

and

"Politicians are like nappies. They need changing often, and for the same reason."

Reply to
rebel

n message

warmed for

assistant

Senator

tration

f climate

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

-shoot

ion.

some

ding to

Rudd's advisors seem to be saying much the same thing as competent climate change experts around the world. Do you have some specific point that you object to, or are you just an enthusiast for ignoring global warming for as long as possible?

.

e issue

And sell that vote as dearly as possible when the issue is one they don't care about.

Why? Do you think your attention will put you in a positon to change what the politicians end up doing?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

So, the Hadley Centre is incompetent ? That's your implication.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

What is the Hadley Centre saying that supports lack of existence of AGW?

Don Klipstein

No, the incomptence is yours. You seem to think that a short term decline in global temperature (probably due to the North Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation) contradicts the long-term rise in global temperature driven by the steadily rising CO2 levels in the atmosphere.

If you had the wit to find an example of the global temperature record over the last century, you'd see a number of similar examples of short term decline in global temperature, despite the overall rising trend.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, and two Eeyores wouldn't make a half-wit.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman