Re: Compuserve closing, need to relocate website

I also have E-mail addresses at some companies where I serve as a > "ghost" consultant (for instance I once had ...@atmel.com) ... unknown > to their customers (and some employees). I may be watching your > design bungling as we speak ;-)

These days I'd be happy to have "real" consultants watching over support e-mail for IC vendors -- a depressingly large number of the so-called FAEs I've spoken with at places like National Semi, Linear Tech, etc. don't seem to actually have real-world design skills, it seems.

I was impressed that On Semiconductor once shunted a support request of mine to an outside consultant they apparently had on retainer and who really knew his stuff... On Semi seems to have lost a lot of "mindshare" after the Motorola split up, even though they make a lot of cool products.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Is there _anything_ approaching real support now-a-days? Seems like anytime I ask a question about a physical product or software peculiarity, I get back an E-mail that reeks of a robotic response... no relation to the question asked.

I've taken to sending E-mail to sales@... , "I didn't buy your product because..."

I did consulting work for ON-Semi (the 74HCxxxx redesigns), early in the spin-off. Since then everyone I knew has bailed :-(

...Jim Thompson

When I'm really miffed I find out the (real) email address of the CEO which is often surprisingly easy. Sometimes nothing happens, other times the equivalent of an earthquake results. The internal riot act being read and all that.

Sad. But they do make some good stuff at favorable prices. Like voltage supervisor chips.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.