Re: Compuserve closing, need to relocate website

What sort of software is needed to maintain the sites? I see that some

>people use a FTP program, while others use some sort of wizard.

Don't laugh, I use Netscape Composer (part of the Netscape 7.2 bundle from 2004) to create and manage the uploading ("publishing") of my web pages. Works fine for me. Doesn't support some of the latest bling but I don't use that crap anyway.

Reply to
rebel

2004)

I still use composer from Netscape version 4.78 when I need tables in a web page.

Michael A. Terrell

On a sunny day (Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:31:44 +0800) it happened rebel wrote in :

Hey, I use a text editor to write the html.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The current descendant of the Netscape suite is the SeaMonkey suite (GPL).

The standalone HTML editor is now called KompoZer (GPL). Here's the genealogy:

JeffM

2004)

Why not upgrade to the much newer version of Composer that comes with the seamonkey suite?

Reply to
Jasen Betts

2004)

To be honest, I hadn't considered an upgrade (as the NC version I use does all I want), but I will certainly explore the possibility.

Reply to
rebel