Prongs

So when is everyone going to killfile MassiveProng and, those who haven't, Phil Allison? I see many replies to them yet. I'm wondering why.

Tim

Tim Williams

Sometimes Phil makes sense.

John

I dont know how to killfile in Thunderbird....

besides, I'm still waiting for MassivelyWrong to demonstrate he knows something about magnetics design by responding to my challenge:

MP: whats the greatest power density *you personally* have ever achieved in a transformer, using only free convection?

MP: whats the highest power transformer *you personally* have ever designed?

MP: seeing as you know so much about transformer design, and this thread is apparently useful to others, how about describing a way to calculate core loss for a ferrite material; I'm sure others will appreciate the information.

I doubt he will, as its pretty clear he doesnt know how.

any of his posts that *dont* involve psychotic rants. admittedly thats only perhaps 10%....

but his SNR is still better than MPs, which is still better than Homers. ^^^ Signal-to-Nastiness-Ratio

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

in all fairness to homer, his non-signal posts aren't nasty, just juvenile.

Reply to
Terry Given

cite?

Reply to
rebel

I asked him some much simpler questions he couldn't answer correctly.

John

yeah, I think its pretty clear that hes been involved with plenty of HV power supply stuff, and has provided quite a bit of useful, practical information on HV matters, but I doubt he did the actual design.

and its blindingly obvious he doesnt know much about magnetics design.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Yeah, I almost fell off my chair the other day. He was helpful _and_ humorous several times in a row.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I'm certainly not going to hunt through hundreds of his posts to find a couple of useful ones. But I'm pretty sure there are some.

John

Pollo grande ?:-)

That's the response I got back from the editor of the local paper for declining to write a "neutral" point-of-view about a WalMart coming to our area ;-)

...Jim Thompson

He recently answered a query of mine without so much as a "f*ck you"

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Apparently a brief transient, judging by his latest stuff.

So many people (Phil, Fred, AlwaysWrong, Homer, BS) seem to be angry all the time. What a way to live. If they aren't smart enough to make themselves happy, they sure aren't smart enough to design electronics.

I've never met a grumpy engineer or programmer who was any good.

John

I'm only grumpy when the donuts run out.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Must have been in a hurry.

John

Oh, yeah, you never told us how much you weigh.

John

So you are only into bears then? I prefer cougars.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Yeah, he wasn't too jovial about that frequency counter thing.

I heard that. :-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Really? He seems to have no shortage of those for me. ;-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

LMAO You almost owed me a new laptop for that.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

How about teachers?

Reply to