Tube PWM... I finally got around to it

The top part is off topic; scroll down to around the bottom for the circuit and description.

I haven't done the output stage yet; it's next.

Tim

Tim Williams

You will find, I think, some pretty significant nonlinearities in the output stage due to discontinuous conduction.

But please, don't let that stop you, it's an interesting notion.

--
Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature

Very interesting. One note based on me using those Heath scopes decades ago: the little nubs you are seeing are probably related to the scope's triggering circuitry either intentionally or unintentionally screwing up the horizontal sweep. (It is an injection- locked oscillator after all). IIRC if you move the trigger sensitivity up and down then the nubs move too. I never knew if this was intentional or not (after all many of the expensive scopes had an "intensify trigger point" option, maybe Heath had a cheaper way of doing it!)

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa