Phwew.. First Induction Heater Draft

Let the flames begin! >:-P

Oh, I forgot to change the gate drive transistors to ZTX part numbers, and rewrite its drive so it saturates to each rail, instead of the "temporary"

2.2k resistor I put in there...yech...

Tim

Tim Williams

We've reached non-power-consumption weather here. Popped open the skylights last night. No A/C needed, and probably no heat all winter long.

...Jim Thompson

*Poutingly* THERE, happy!?

(Hit refresh..)

Shees...everyone thinks they're funny... :-p

Tim

Tim Williams

Couldn't you just build a fire? ;)

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

A year to the day from the date on the drawing and its finished. Well done.

John

Reply to
John B

Hello Boris,

Just hauled in half a ton of wood pellets. That ought to do it ...

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Yes, but I'd rather waste money and time building a circuit than propane and charcoal. Plus it has essentially no temperature limit.

Besides, if I pick up an inert gas cylinder, I can do stuff like titanium...try that in a burned-fuel atmosphere!

Tim

Tim Williams

Humm.. on the plus side, no one says it'll explode. On the minus side, no one says it won't explode.

Tim

Tim Williams

ratshit opto's there Tim. expect dV/dt to cause problems. look up high CMR opamps eg SFH6345

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Well, I'm not saying I endorse synchronicity, but just last night or so, I saw a commercial for a Kenmore induction stove - depending on your resources, one of those could be reverse-engineered, or maybe even researched.

And there has to be lots of stuff on the internet about induction heating. I've even seen something that was like "induction casting," where the crucible was just positioned over the mold, and the stuff was in the crucible, and they put it in a microwave or something, and the stuff melted, and ran down into the mold.

I have no idea how you'd look up something like that, other than to submit it to the Terran Pseudo-Intelligent Search and Research Engine, USENET. ;-P

Thanks! Rich Universal System Encompassing Neurono-Empathic Transactions. %-}

Reply to
Rich, Under the Affluence

Yep, so-called "radiant heat" stoves have been around for a while... I should look for one in the junk some time. I think they use quasi-resonant SCR inverters for the most part: switch amps instead of volts, and use a big mess of turns in the work coil to get some efficiency through the thing.

Ah yes, that guy. Needs some good insulation around the work, but sure, melt silver in your own microwave! Just needs some "black aircraft" RADAR-absorbent pigment, *cough*magnetite.

There's also a Yahoo group Electro_cast, that's been...rather inactive for the last 4 months or so...

Tim

Tim Williams