PRIORITY SEARCH: Analog Electric Engineer

I'm seeking to fill four vacancies for a premier client in greater Boston, MA. They will happily pay for relocation, a very competitive salary, excellent benefits, etc.

I will pay a $500.00 referral fee to anyone who refers a candidate to me who is offered and accepts any of these positions. If a candiate refers him/herself, I will donate that sum to any recognized tax-exempt charitable organization of that person's choosing in his/her name. In order for this offer to be valid, it must be referenced at the time of referral.

Arnie Fertig Centre Street Associates, Inc.

Descripiton is as follows.

POSITION: ANALOG ELECTRICAL ENGINEER JOB CODE: BC-001 Our Client is one of the country's foremost producers of consumer electronics, and is located in Greater Boston, MA. Responsibilities include:

The position will challenge the candidate to develop, primarily analog circuits. Some digital hardware skill will be needed as well. Circuit types to be developed may include: Audio Amplifiers, Power Supplies (linear and switching), AM Radio, FM radio, Wired and RF data communications, or IR data communications. Digital hardware of any type may be included in the system being developed.

An ideal candidate would have experience as an architect of a system and in resolving issues in the areas of: Heat elimination, Electromagnetic Compatibility, Radio Frequency Interference, Sensitivity to Electrostatic Discharge, Lightening Immunity Mains Transients etc.

Knowledge, skills and abilities required:

The Candidate must have a BSEE with a minimum of 5 years of design experience. Product design experience will be preferred as would an MSEE degree. A good balance between Theoretical/Analytical skills and Laboratory engineering skills will be helpful in being considered for the position. Very competitive salary; excellent benefits package; relocation package available.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Arnold M. Fertig, President Centre Street Associates, Inc. Phone: 617-795-0305 Toll Free: 877-327-3562 snipped-for-privacy@cstreetsearch.com

fertig

I'm not. But OTOH, I'll be posting an opening soon.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

You've not seen the pictures I've posted when that hillside is fully in bloom with desert flowers ??

...Jim Thompson

I'm off to the airport... back this weekend.

...Jim Thompson

Didn't know Win was looking for a job

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

It is a pity I'm unemployable, (according to my friends). Your shed on the river looks quite nice on google earth. Jim T's looka bit barren in comparison.

Anyone else done a google earth on where S.E.D. geeks live?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Yep, pretty,but somewhat mediocre compared to sunrise over Morroco, I'll get round to doing some video to pixs conversion eventually. I live on Costa Del Luz. The coast of light, utterly stunning, especially when the kitesurfers are moving, ( We have water!)

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hello Arnie,

That is very laudable.

Finding analog folks who can design down to transistor level won't be easy. Has your client considered using consultants?

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

There is no shortage of them if you don't demand they be under 30 and willing to work 70+ hour weeks for Midwest/Deep South wages in Boston, NYC, Seattle, or SFO.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

They might very well be willing, until they realize they can't afford to live anywhere on those wages except the local Y.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Do tell! I tried emailing you but got a bounce from newsguy.com. Perhaps you still have my card, we met during the winter in Burlington when JimT was in town.

My posting address will work if you swap the zero and the "o".

Steve

Reply to
Stephan Goldstein

15 years experience. ;-)

As long as it's in the deep south, or midwest...

No one lives there! ...too crowded. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

No, anyone who's anyone lives here, but we already have good jobs.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

What do they teach kids these days ? ;-)

LOL !!!!

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

This is not new. I remember my uncle, who was a project manager at Boeing, telling a story in the 70's about testing job candidates -- he'd reach into his desk and hand them a soldering iron, business end first, and say 'here'. If they grabbed it without hesitation they didn't get the job.

I think there always have been and always will be kids who go through school without absorbing any practical knowledge. The practical knowledge that I graduated college with didn't come from college, it came from being a hobbiest and tinkerer.

So, did _you_ learn how to solder as part of your EE education? Where did you go to school and when? Where did you learn to solder?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Ha!

There are schools over here that do that -- but not to the extent of making you find your own employer (I like that) that I know of. My wife went to Northeastern, where you have to spend a year doing co-op work. That year turned into a permanent job so she never got her degree, which turned into quite a barrier to finding jobs when we swapped coasts. I owe her a college degree, which she's planning on collecting as soon as our youngest gets low-maintenance enough to make it practical.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

We just call it The City. Never, *never* Frisco.

There's Dolby and, of course, Highland Technology.

John

Hello Graham,

I have no idea why that art is being lost over time. My guess is the kids aren't interested in practical stuff anymore, they just swallow the stuff they are taught and think that's good enough. Seriously, I have seen many newly minted bachelors, masters and Ph.D.s who wouldn't be able to design a simple amplifier with a 2N3904. Some didn't know what a

2N3904 is. Others could not even solder (!).

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

SFO, the San Francisco International airport, is ~10 miles from the San Francisco city limits.

So, "SFO" refers only to the airport, in my experience, not the city. Besides, SJC, the San Jose International airport, is much closer to all the silicon valley jobs. There aren't all that many EE jobs in SF, AFAICT.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

Hello Tim,

I'd have to ask my parents but I believe I was around 10 when I bought myself a soldering iron. A really cheap one because my funds were quite limited. It didn't even have ground but luckily tubes were insensitive to ESD. I remember my father being chaperone during my first radio repair. After all, there was carpet in that room. I cinged a hole into that carpet much later, learning the hard way that even large electrolytics do have limits as to their current load. Luckily I didn't get hit when the aluminum can took off like a rocket.

University: RWTH Aachen, Germany, late 70's to mid 80's, finished with masters. It's one of those traditional European ivy league schools. They didn't teach you soldering or any of that stuff but I was already designing my own circuitry long before enrolling. They do have one very important requirement in Germany though: A minimum of 1/2 year industry work, half of that before finishing the 4th semester. That is non-negotiable and you must find an employer on your own. No excuses. It's like the vicarage for aspiring pastors, without it they will not give you a degree. In fact you couldn't even sit for some of the exams if you hadn't done and submitted the papers for your industry exposure in due time.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg