search engines

Hi,

When you look for electronic parts or gear, which search engines do you use?

John

message

Reply to
Jon

message

I have good luck with Google. After the search, I go to the site that has a major manufactures name in the URL. That way, I'm guarantted of getting a good quality data sheet.

Regards, Kral

Reply to
Jon

This is the one I use most often:

Charles Schuler

Hello John,

Digikey and Arrow ;-)

If neither got the part it is most likely a boutique part. Then I do my best not to need that device in a design for a client.

For general ideas of what might be out there in case of an unusual project I use Google.

No joke: The other less electronic search engines are plain old databooks. Anything in there that suffices for a design is most likely going to be dirt cheap by now. That makes the client's purchasing folks and their CFO happy.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

My first attempt for just about anything is

It is a meta search using a number of search engines including google so what it finds is a superset of googles results.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

findchips.com, then go to one of the suppliers - most will have a pointer to the mfgrs data sheet and you've got price and availability as a bonus.

Reply to
Clifford Heath