IRQ priority tuning?

Is there anyway to tune to Linux IRQ priority setting? I can see that /proc/interrupts that certain devices occupy certain priority ranking. Furthermore that ide1 occupies a very high ranking. I would like to push it down on the priority lis (because its just too busy all the time),is there anyway I can do this? I am using Kernel 2.6.16

Reply to
Joseph