Power cord with built-in inductors?

So you're dealing with readings from the LISN in a test situation?

RL

Reply to
legg

Those generally have Y-caps which are not allowed in med-tech. Or only very small ones, single-digit pF.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, but it's not like Volkswagen :-)

The usual scenario would be that the room is quite well shielded so stuff won't directly couple into the mains wires inside walls. We have to make sure that we don't send anything onto these conducted. A box down there would fix it but it is more desirable to have a nicely integrated cable.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

A shielded room needs filtered ports.

RL

Reply to
legg

Dealing with the issue on the line cord is more volkswagen than you think.

No other equipment in the end site is given that opportunity.....

You talked about mis-match - if 30MHz is not in the intended output, then that's where you get rid of it.

If it's intentional, then the end-use site could require appropriate local preventative measures, or use more appropriate equipment for the application. RF is seldom the only option.

I'd look at cots filtered plugin power distribution assemblies if the issue was only at the end-use site. Obviously needed if the issue only shows up there. Don't know how effective these would be as a retrofit. Wiring internal to the room would typically be in conduit.

RL

Reply to
legg