Are they making power chips with built in heat sinks?

I'm not looking to buy this, but while i was looking at something else on ebay, this popped up. This says it's a 100 watt mono power amp. I noticed there is another of these rated at 120W Dual channel.

I am sure that 100W is exaggerated, peak power, but it's still has to output a fairly decent volume. For it's size, it's hard to imagine it can do much of anything, but things keep getting smaller.

Anyhow, the URL is here:

I looked at all the pictures. The board appears to be mostly all heat sinks, and a bunch of capacitors. I looked at all the photos and I cant see where the chips are. Obviously they are under the heat sinks. Does that mean they are making chips with builtin heat sinks now?

There dont appear to be any screws, and if you look at the rear of that PCB, there are no connections below those chips either. That makes me wonder how the heck they are even mounted????

Here is the URL for the 120W Dual channel one.

oldschool

It could be a switchmode topside-powerpad part

with the heat sink glued to the top, or something ugly.

I'm doing something like that right now, except that the heat sink is screwed down to the PCB, and I'm only claiming 30 watts.

The TPA3116 chip data sheet is online.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature