OT: Large LCD monitors for PC

That's what I run on this MAG monitor. I am sitting at arm's length from it and can read 10 point 'Courier New' text with no problems.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

Let's see you solder a stack of five SMT capacitors starting with a

1206, and ending with a 0201. :)
--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

An electronic wedding cake :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

This was thick tempered glass, with post supports on a 3' x 3' grid... looking back thru my notes, it was actually 21' x 21'... big enough to handle a microprocessor at 400X :-) ...Jim Thompson

|84&N=4047243&Mo=7&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=1680&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

|84&N=4047243&Mo=7&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=1680&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

HP 30" IPS

Above 27" the price goes thru the roof for anything.

I'm spoiled with my 24" IPS display. I wouldn't buy another TFT for myself again. (unless the viewing angle is very wide)

Martin Riddle

Which Dell? It's there on this Dell Optiplex GX620.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Vostro 200. So far it's been very good to me, and most of all very quiet.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Aha! Thanks.

Quote "If you are unable to use the native resolution of a digital flat panel display (such as 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1440x900, etc.), there may be a problem reading the display's EDID. Intel has released a driver for the integrated graphics controller of the Intel® 945 Express Chipsets and later chipsets to specifically address this issue."

So there is hope :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

They are not all 16:10, idiot.

So, though I slipped (and not with the math, but with the length figure used IN the math, IDIOT!), you ASSumed. I feel your error is a far worse transgression. Then you called it 9th grade math. Maybe where you live. 5th grade over here. Doesn't matter since there was no math error. The formula is fine. The wrong data was used by me. The wrong data AND the attitude was used by you, however.

Neither the 30" I mentioned, nor the 23" I have here is 16:10. Do'h!

Reply to
ItchyGato

is

increasing

see

Actually, it was a 50 Ohm DC block that was flat from under 100 KHz to over 450 MHz with under .25 dB ripple.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Who in the world views stuff at 10 inches? That's one span from the end of your nose! That's just about where the lenses of an optivisor or a stereopticon are.

Well, OK, I guess the OV or SO are more like five, but really!

Right now, I can reach out and just exactly touch the screen of my monitor with the tip of my finger.

With 1.25 diopter cheaters. (what's the smiley for EEK! ?)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Macular?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Were that an option, don't you think he would have?

I guess I gave him too much credit?

Reply to
AllInTheChi

Maybe I didn't read, "I can't get a third monitor working" the same way. If it's a problem of needing admin rights to add drivers to a work PC then the same would apply to a USB device. Not knowing what the obstacle was, I asked "why", which is not the same as making an assumption.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Cite for a 2560 x 1600 (of any diagonal size) that is _not_ ?

Have you considered _why_ it's 16:10?

You live in Shanghai or Singapore?

Sad.

Neither is 2560 x 1600.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I like to read the monitor like I do with a book, ok, maybe 14" or so. Plus the big CRT can't be set any farther back or there'll be a hole in the wall behind it.

A LCD can be placed farther back and then you have to buy an even larger screen. Doesn't seem to make much sense. Like what native Americans used to say, "White man make big fire, sit far away".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

0&eCat=BC|84&N=4047243&Mo=7&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=1680&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

Dual monitors is *Great* for cross-probing, particularly in those situations. Unfortunately, OrCad doesn't probe Crapture to Layout.

Reply to
krw

A disco dance floor?

Reply to
krw

The Kensington version doesn't work. What guarantee is there that one this will?

Reply to
krw