OT: Large LCD monitors for PC

Birth to rehab. They don't generally last long.

Reply to
krw

problem

Mechanical software generally has pretty good anti-aliasing. SketchUp is pretty bad, though. For the price, I'm not complaining.

That's the first order of business.

That's what firewalls are for.

My systems don't crash much anymore. Software crashes often but the OS seems to survive. The worst now seems to be FireFox.

I haven't used Adobe products for years, even though we have their crap on our work systems. I *much* prefer PDF XChange over Foxit (and PDF Creator to print to PDF).

Reply to
krw

What do you like about PDF XChange over FoxIt? -- I've never used XChange, but do have a copy of FoxIt.

Thanks,

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Foxit is fuzzy and doesn't render *many* PDFs.

Reply to
krw

With time-outs for mental breakdowns.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

You got younger? :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

schematics

simulation.

They sell systems with eight or more monitors for stock traders.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I like the last one. I have six 19" LCD monitors to recap. I just bought a 3' * 4' table for $40 (Closeout, a $100 Parson's table) at K-mart to use for a computer desk. Hmmmm...

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

schematics

simulation.

But there you can't have a dot approaching terrain and then disappearing ... ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[...]

Got to try that since Foxit renders more fuzzy than Adobe. Does PDF Exchange bring back the thumbnail views in directories (folders)? That to me is a serious shortcoming of Foxit. If you have to pick worst cases out of 50-100 EMI plots clicking every one and trying to remember does get old.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I never use them and have no idea how they get there, but I just checked and the thumbnails are there.

Everything I do goes through our antique Tek scope and then Excel (via floppy disc!), so any plots I have are already in Excel. At that point finding the one I want is the easy part. :-(

Reply to
krw

About half the age I was, evidently. ;-)

Reply to
krw

our

With PDF Exchange as your default PDF program in Windows, and Acrobat disabled? That's cool!

That _is_ antique. Not even a garden hose connector (a.k.a. GPIB)?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

our

I don't believe I even have Acrobat Reader installed. In the details view, the type listed is "PDF-XChange Viewer Document".

I think it may have that, too. Nothing to hook it to, though.

Reply to
krw

our

Thanks, that is encouraging. That helps in wading through stacks of EMC plots, which most folks unfortunately store in individual PDF files. Beats me why, PNG would be so much easier.

150 bucks can change that. I have the GPIB-USB version of this one and if works like a champ:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

on our

floppy

Crap. Cables cost that much. I *hate* GPIB. ...not that I like Tek's

*incredibly* slow floppy much.

Hmm, GPIB to Ethernet. Neat. The boss would never go for it.

Reply to
krw

BTW, have you come across any packaging like that? I could really use a DE-9 dongle sort of package to put a small circuit in. I'm trying to squeeze in a DE-9 shell, but there isn't much room in there. ;-)

Reply to
krw

There are long, metallic shells by AMP. The cheap Chinese stuff hardly ever is that large.

We have placed circuits inside the shells before.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Just email Abdul at that address. Not sure but I think he has them custom made, might be willing to make a deal. Very friendly guy.

BTW, you do not need any overpriced GPIB garden hoses for this, a simple USB cable will do. Unless you want to hook up lots of other GPIB gear to that adapter.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Maybe I will. Custom isn't going to go over well, I don't think. Our quantities are going to be rather small and I'm trying to sell this project as being a give-away. So far, the best I've come up with is a DE-9 gender-changer housing. I'd like something a little more substantial than the housing I found.

I looked at them today. It's not a GPIB connector back there, it's a DB-25F.

Reply to
krw