OT English engineering revisited

There are way too many people in this situation...and not just in England. This is from a good web page describing how to make a small steam engine. Worth a visit.

===================================== Please help give British engineers, scientists and such like a job. There are thousands of us forced to emigrate, or become shelf stackers, or like me, who would prefer to be using my B.Ed and B.Sc to be teaching technology, design and science, but am essentially a beggar. Some friends have had to turn to crime, despite being superb British engineers. I like to help others, hoping it may lead to a job. The last time I helped, government spies tried to strike me off the dole. Helping seems to be increasingly illegal - sad times indeed. Even begging is now illegal under Fuhrer Blair.

Until then, sod politicians and the infestation of their paper obsessed minions. If there is anything you want on the website, or you have problems finding work through being male, overqualified or over forty, please email.

A job, funding or sponsorship desperately needed. Please help the thousands of unemployed British engineers and science graduates. Oh - and thanks for reading this far!

Desperately seek work, funding or sponsorship. Part-time, jobshare, anything - please. John Partridge. B.Ed. B.Sc. Gizzajob ==================================================

mike

Reply to
m II

I was just thinking of a home job somebody could do: consulting component engineer.

Clients would tell you approximately what parts they needed. You'd research manufacturers and distributors for appropriate stuff, and could also do cost-saving studies for existing BOMs. One could also get stipends/kickbacks from the vendors and distributors you recommend.

I have a situation, right now, having to do with available thinfilm

0805 resistors [1]. The statement of the problem is fairly simple, but there are hours of work in finding suitable and available parts of the right values and ratios. I'd farm out stuff like that if I could.

John

[1] which, for some reason, don't seem to come in standard E48 or E96 values. They are sort of random.

Hey Mike, got any openings for an analog engineer with digital tendencies? Besides installing car alarms?

Reply to
dave