OT: Honda Thinks Hybrids Are Good Enough

Musk made most of his early $$$ by founding some otherwise fly-by-night Web startups of dubious profitability potential that were fortunate to be mergered-and-acquisitioned by Compaq and PayPal in the heady days of bajillion dollar optimism right before the .com bubble burst.

Reply to
bitrex

rote:

ote:

do, in fact, I've publicly said that I don't recommend an EV for anyone at the moment. Buy it if you really want one, but they will only be getting better and unless you have to buy a car now, keep what you have for a few m ore years.

city generated by burning fossil carbon, it won't make enough difference to save the planet, though it may stave off the climate catastrophe for a few more years.

its act together and stops burning fossil carbon (or at least burns a lot l ess than it does now) your travel will stop contributing to your individual CO2 emissions.

t's not - in itself - sufficient to do the job.

ts negative impact on the atmosphere by having a concentrated source that c an be more effectively dealt with....(or maybe not...)

It's certainly possible to capture the CO2 emitted by a fossil-carbon fuele d electricity generating plant, but expensive.

Since solar cells already generate power more cheaply than regular coal-bur ning power plants, there's no profit to be made by investing in a plant tha t would generate more expensive power even if it didn't emit CO2.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

bitrex wrote in news:%KRRF.15256$ snipped-for-privacy@fx48.iad:

Yet both of them had the vision to conceptualize and make into a reality some very nice 'things'.

Just like Arnie learned to act and the director of Conan was VERY pissed that he had to train him on the job. Both of the players you mention learn as they go pretty well.

I can think of at least one person whom does not and is a failure yet touts himself as being as close to a supreme being as it gets. He spouts gaffs all the time and folks seem to not even notice. Likely going to embroil us into the world's next war too.

But folks would rather post a vid of Musk dancing aloof and make jokes on him than a vid of Trump crying to the leaders in Scotland about how bad win turbines are.

Yep... we live in an ass backwards world... one must struggle through the mire on a daily basis just to survive.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

At least among the people I associate with around 40 and under Musk is considered a somewhat typical if unpleasant and probably rather amoral egomaniac playboy-billionaire-tycoon of likely at least average intelligence while the other guy is considered an actively dangerous and malicious moron.

The man who lives down the street from me with cerebral palsy who'll be confined to a wheelchair the rest of his life and has to use a special prosthetic just to type an email has to "struggle to survive" I figure I got things pretty good by comparison...

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:vjWRF.151725$ snipped-for-privacy@fx01.iad:

Lemmie know when he performs Like Hawking did.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

No shit Sherlock, I never said or implied that it did. Only that Honda clearly is selling a couple of magnitudes more CARS than Tesla.

Honda was under attack for not understanding the market, not delivering what people want. When they are selling 40 times more cars than Tesla, which has never made a profit, that speaks for itself.

Wrong, always wrong.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

:

to a rather low level - about half a ton of CO2 per person per year.

car,

.

y!

ed

y,

la has been growing like a weed on steroids.

It's easy to grow fast when you have the govt heavily subsidizing what you produce and even then, you sell your product at a LOSS. Go look at the lon g, long list of early auto companies that failed.

Of course they haven't been focused on profits, they've been a startup. T hey are just now transitioning into a more stable mode where profits might happen. Even the former head of GM Bob Lutz who was predicting their emine nt failure has now said they are looking good.

So weres the stock of Enron, World Comm, Tyco, etc. How did they turn out? They were total frauds, there are an order of magnitude more genius tech companies that while not frauds, were valued at the moon and wound up worth nothing.

In just over two years they've sold more model 3s than Leafs on the road over the last 10 years. They are selling model 3s fast enough to be in the top 20 models sold in 2019, right behind Toyota Corolla.

No, you're just here bemoaning the fact that Honda isn't doing what YOU claim they should do. Go figure.

in fact, I've publicly said that I don't recommend an EV for anyone at the moment. Buy it if you really want one, but they will only be getting bett er and unless you have to buy a car now, keep what you have for a few more years.

far as we have to go.

hey should do.

You certainly implied it.

I'm just pointing out the absurdity of Hachiago's statements and the fact that his company will not do well if they aren't making significant EVs in five years when nearly everyone else will be... if they want to survive.

tern Australia is that a lot of highways have been temporarily blocked.

sses a road.

smoke, and fifteen minutes later people who thought that that was what they were doing ended up in flames and dead.

ting,

esla

es

mand for battery EVs. So he is the one I am talking about.

There you go, yet you deny it.

--+ Tesla referral code -

Have you made any money with all that spamming? Maybe that's why you're so sore, no one wants to pay you.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

I guess this thread is dead. The last remaining posters are always wrong 1 and always wrong 2. Rest in peace.

--

  Rick C.

  -++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

With ALS like Hawking had patients usually pass young, he beat the odds somehow. And for better or worse had a number of years where he functioned mostly normally. Probably psychologically that's for the worse.

CP affected this guy at a very early age I'm not sure he was ever able to speak full sentences as Hawking surely did, much less go to a regular college and get a degree. What it is, is all he's known for the most part.

That's another kind of suck as while his verbal communication is nil he can read, "write", and understand English at an adult level just fine and even does some web development. but since he sounds "retarded" when he tries to talk people tend to treat him that way

Reply to
bitrex

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

And as usual, all the while you complain about folks you then go and spout a retarded crack like this and then expect respect.

You are a few things one of which is total hypocrite.

I strive for whirled peas.

You strive to claim to not be one of the aggressors all the while spouting veiled or not so veiled insults.

You're a real piece of... 'work'.

I am sure the spores that spawned you are proud.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex wrote in news:m_3SF.1783$ snipped-for-privacy@fx45.iad:

Well I was simply making a 'funny' crack. No harm meant.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Lol I read this today:

Sorry GM. I had hope for you for a while but...they've decided to go to back to the crack pipe they were hitting before the bailout. Well, that stuff has a high recidivism rate.

Reply to
bitrex

ng 1 and always wrong 2. Rest in peace.

Not sure what you mean since you didn't really say anything, but I assume y ou think there is something flawed with the idea of an electric Hummer as o pposed to the electric Tesla truck or the Rivian electric truck or any of t he many other electric trucks in the works.

So what exactly is your complaint?

--

  Rick C.

  +-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +-- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

bitrex wrote in news:0XSSF.35077$ snipped-for-privacy@fx36.iad:

It appeals to all. Their is no reason that a prior or current serviceman or woman would not also find them attractive.

Reminds me of an Spring Valley Ca man who got tired of a raging asshole with a hopped up car bouncing around the community and cussing folks, and he came out of his yard and put a few in the guy and killed him. Some old Navy dude (the shooter). Said he was protecting the neighborhood. You probably remember the case. I think it was like '98 or so.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I looked it up and it was a bad situation. But the Navy guy got off pretty light for executing someone. I found one article that described the situa tion pretty well. There were numerous incidents that didn't get reported t o the police and a few that were. It seems like people were very intimidat ed but still didn't involve the cops enough. Then a rather bad situation d evelops that makes the Navy guy very afraid and instead of calling the cops , he finds the guy and puts one between his eyes. I believe a total of 13 shots were fired (the judge explaining why it wasn't self defense). It was an execution.

Maybe the guy was a rabid dog that needed to be put down, but that's the jo b of the legal system. So the Navy guy went to prison for some 7 years or so.

Kinda off topic for the discussion about Honda EVs, no?

--

  Rick C.

  +-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +-+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It was a remark regarding the "airchair general" crack by the previous poster. Did you miss that?

And the guy got off light. He should have got the chair (I wish that and gas were still around).