Sure enough...

Osama bin Laden died

But WE got the 72 versions ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I understand OBL got a hold of the _real_ birth certificate. Negotiations were going well until Saturday, when OBL threaten threatened to hand it over to WikiLeaks' Julian Assange...

Bad move, OBL.

;-)

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

That would be almost funny, if we thought that James Arthur meant it as a joke ...

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Aha, made us laugh, didn't we now?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Sloman? Laugh? Don't make me laugh.

John

A bit too laboured to be actually funny.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I wrote revue scripts at one point in my career as a graduate student. Some of them worked, went into the revue, and got their laughs.

The last time I tried to send up my boss - by proposing a scheme that would meet his insane technical demands by employing very expensive single-sourced GaAs logic from GigaBit Logic - the joke went over his head and we - foolishly - ended up building the machine and getting it to work.

I've tried to suppress my sense of humour since then.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I seem to recall that wasn't a successful product. Depletion-mode gaasfet logic was dumb anyhow.

Now THAT is a roaring success! But why? Do you plan to be glum and dour and a droning insult machine for the rest of your life? That's a depressing concept.

Once you let your emotions dominate your intellect, all sorts of dumb things like that will happen.

John

It worked fine, but IIRR they never got the yield high enough to make a profitable business of it. Motorola's ECLinPS wasn't quite as fast, but it was a lot cheaper and slightly easier to use, and Motorola could churn it out.

Perhaps because the jokes I do make go over your head?

You post nonsense, I post a correction and you perceive an insult. It's enough to make anybody dour.

It's one of several depressing aspects of the interaction.

So concentrate on learning something about stuff before you post comments, and try an see criticisim as a learning experience, rather than as an assault on your self-image. That would be letting your emotions dominate your intellect, if you had an intellect - you do have some intellectual basis for your opinions about electronics but your opinions about everything else seem to progress from your - somewhat undiscriminating - reading to your half-baked propositions, without much intervening congitive processing.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman