OT: Honda Thinks Hybrids Are Good Enough

Honda has to build and sell cars for today, stupid.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

I'm sure they think you're lame too.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

It's no more a waste than using the gasoline in a car, truck or lawn mower.

Humans do some really stupid things in

Then start using a skateboard to commute and to travel to Europe, take a row boat. But wait! Even that will "harm" someone or something, using the same silly mentality.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

trified vehicles by 2030. What is your road to electrification when demand for hybrids and EVs is still undeveloped?

he objective is not electrification, per se, but improving fuel efficiency. And we believe hybrid vehicles are the way to abide by different environme ntal regulations.

't the goal at all. Eliminating carbon emissions is the goal. Hybrids are inherently flawed in that for most people they still require burning of fo ssil fuel. If not, why have the gasoline motor at all?

her low level - about half a ton of CO2 per person per year.

And hybrids do exactly that. What is better? Someone needs a new car, they buy a hybrid or a plug-in hybrid or there is no hybrid choice, so they buy an ICE car, because an electric does not fit their need. That is the environment we are in today. But you libs, it's the old my way or the highway.

we have to go.

Fine. I'll buy an ICE car instead. Happy now?

rs

sure because there are lots of issues regarding infrastructure and hardwar e. I do not believe there will be a dramatic increase in demand for battery vehicles, and I believe this situation is true globally. There are differe nt regulations in different countries, and we have to abide by them. So it ?s a must to continue R&D. But I don?t believe it will beco me mainstream anytime soon.

vehicles. Tesla continues to geometrically increase production of BEVs in the US as they start production in China and begin construction on a facili ty in Germany as other EV companies expand as well. He also talks about th e issues of "infrastructure" as if that were somehow an insurmountable prob lem going forward. I guess if you do nothing about a problem, then it is i ndeed insurmountable.

put out by the various vendors, but it seems Honda themselves built 300 of the Honda EV Plus with a 80 to 100 mile range, pretty good for driving loca lly. That could have become the basis for the Corolla killer if they had s tuck with it.

ing reasons, hybrids are not the way forward. It's amazing the CEO of a ma jor auto company can't see that.

sooner the better. Australia's bush-fires make the point that even the glo bal warming we've had so far is creating very real problems, and we need t o stop the warming as fast as we can.

ree to choose what fits their needs. No, it's the old my way or the highwa y.

tralia is that a lot of highways have been temporarily blocked.

oad.

nd fifteen minutes later people who thought that that was what they were do ing ended up in flames and dead.

It's not my way, stupid. It's the way the world is currently operating, it's the rules in place, which of course is the world that Honda is selling cars into. And BTW, Honda, unlike Tesla, is profitable. Tesla has never had a profitable year.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

ather low level - about half a ton of CO2 per person per year.

I guess that's why Tesla is selling every car they can make, literally! Th ey are outselling every BEV, hybrid and and plug-in hybrid offered. In jus t over two years they've sold more model 3s than Leafs on the road over the last 10 years. They are selling model 3s fast enough to be in the top 20 models sold in 2019, right behind Toyota Corolla.

Kinda hard to say EVs don't fit the needs of car buyers today.

s we have to go.

No one cares what you do or say.

ustralia is that a lot of highways have been temporarily blocked.

road.

and fifteen minutes later people who thought that that was what they were doing ended up in flames and dead.

No, but it's still early days. They had a couple of bad quarters adjusting to the big step up in global sales in 2019 which cut profits for two quart ers. The next two quarters will show if they can sustain profits while rap idly growing and bringing online a new model. Even if they can't, they see m to be done with the problems they've had bringing every other model into production and are bringing up the new line in Shenzhen rapidly, more rapid ly than any of their critics thought.

So with new sales in Asia and the model Y in production later this year, it is unlikely Tesla won't be able to turn a profit for 2020. Even if they d on't, they seem to have the ability to continuously raise capital based on their accomplishments.

In the Tesla forums I am a voice of moderation, not wanting to believe the current stock price bubble is value based. But I can't deny the arguments people put forward about the many accomplishments of Tesla. Still, I think this is a good time to divest of the stock. With the sudden rise from und er 200 to 470 I think the stock is overvalued. I will be selling as soon a s I reach the long term capital gains holding period... which I have for so me of my holdings.

--

  Rick C.

  --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

ectrified vehicles by 2030. What is your road to electrification when deman d for hybrids and EVs is still undeveloped?

The objective is not electrification, per se, but improving fuel efficienc y. And we believe hybrid vehicles are the way to abide by different environ mental regulations.

sn't the goal at all. Eliminating carbon emissions is the goal. Hybrids a re inherently flawed in that for most people they still require burning of fossil fuel. If not, why have the gasoline motor at all?

ather low level - about half a ton of CO2 per person per year.

s we have to go.

Obviously not. the fact that a hybrid is a step in the right direction does n't make it an acceptable - or practical - long term solution.

Your problem is that you can't seem to get it into your head that the world is in transition away from burning fossil carbon for fuel.

The way the world is currently operating gives us progressively more anthro pogenic global warming every year, and progressively more of the consequent inconveniences, which are going to stop us operating in the same way, one way or another.

Tesla is a high-tech start-up. They are doing what high-tech start-ups do, which is to concentrate on getting big rather than on getting profitable. O nce they've hit the limits of their potential market, they will shift focus to exploiting that for all the profit they can extract. That's capitalism

101.

If Honda had the capital, it might have used it to go after some of the sam e market, but it is selling into a different market sector, and their optim um strategy is presumably different.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

rather low level - about half a ton of CO2 per person per year.

And Honda is having trouble? Honda sold 5.5 mil cars last year, compared to a few hundred thousand at Tesla. Oh, and Honda actually makes money, so there's that.....

They are outselling every BEV, hybrid and and plug-in hybrid offered. In j ust over two years they've sold more model 3s than Leafs on the road over t he last 10 years. They are selling model 3s fast enough to be in the top 2

0 models sold in 2019, right behind Toyota Corolla.

It fits the needs of a small percent of the market. The folks at The Simpsons had an episode about people like you. The smug, no it alls, that just know what everyone else should do and how superior they are. They were portrayed as running around smelling their own farts.

as we have to go.

Of course not, but then I'm not the one that came here trying to tell Honda what they should do, you did that.

Australia is that a lot of highways have been temporarily blocked.

a road.

e, and fifteen minutes later people who thought that that was what they wer e doing ended up in flames and dead.

,

So, why are you bitching about Honda? Maybe Honda's strategy is to let the others lose money, make all the mistakes, then when it's advantageous, enter and compete. How many of the original auto companies from the turn of the century succeeded?

They had a couple of bad quarters adjusting to the big step up in global sales in 2019 which cut profits for two quarters. The next two quarters wi ll show if they can sustain profits while rapidly growing and bringing onli ne a new model. Even if they can't, they seem to be done with the problems they've had bringing every other model into production and are bringing up the new line in Shenzhen rapidly, more rapidly than any of their critics t hought.

If this, if that. Simple fact the company is run by an eccentric, impulsiv e dope head. Some of his stunts were stunning. Like manipulating the stock by claiming he had money for a buyout, announcing the price, which was all a lie. Or calling that UK diver a pedophile because he had said that Musk' s crazy sub idea to rescue those cave people would not work.

it is unlikely Tesla won't be able to turn a profit for 2020. Even if they don't, they seem to have the ability to continuously raise capital based o n their accomplishments.

e current stock price bubble is value based. But I can't deny the argument s people put forward about the many accomplishments of Tesla. Still, I thi nk this is a good time to divest of the stock. With the sudden rise from u nder 200 to 470 I think the stock is overvalued. I will be selling as soon as I reach the long term capital gains holding period... which I have for some of my holdings.

Maybe you can buy some Honda?

Reply to
Whoey Louie

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Your personality in this group offends people.

While on the other hand only retarded "new age" fuckheads get jacked out of shape about the use of colloquial terms that have been around for centruies.

So instead of stating the term, I'll just say that you most closely resememble the final product of a descending colon.

It really is the closest comparison.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Whoey Louie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Honda has sold motorcycles and cars for decades and is a long established Japanese firm. One of the earlier, legacy companies that grew in Japan after the war. VERY firmly entrenched, and even if their entire electric line failed it would not make a dent in them.

Honda's ELECTRIC line did NOT sell 5.5 million cars.

So for you to compare a very new company with them is more than a little lame, and tells us a lot about just how little you know about corporations, and you have a retarded "trader" email moniker, like it is your email from some lame trading thing you are or were a part of.

You know f*ck all about nothing, boy. Go look up 'f*ck all'.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Whoey Louie wrote in news:3b9a79bf-db30-4295- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You act like the child of one of the fart smellers and like you grew up and got a job at the power plant... down in the containment zone. You telling someone how smart they are... BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Only old hens who treat the group as their social media outlet. Some of us think this group is about electronics.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

a rather low level - about half a ton of CO2 per person per year.

r,

And their growth rate over the last few years has been what exactly? Tesla has been growing like a weed on steroids. Of course they haven't been foc used on profits, they've been a startup. They are just now transitioning i nto a more stable mode where profits might happen. Even the former head of GM Bob Lutz who was predicting their eminent failure has now said they are looking good.

Oh yeah, the stock is valued at more than GM and Fiat combined.

In just over two years they've sold more model 3s than Leafs on the road ov er the last 10 years. They are selling model 3s fast enough to be in the t op 20 models sold in 2019, right behind Toyota Corolla.

You act like I've told you what to do. I haven't told anyone what to do, i n fact, I've publicly said that I don't recommend an EV for anyone at the m oment. Buy it if you really want one, but they will only be getting better and unless you have to buy a car now, keep what you have for a few more ye ars.

Then we can all buy EVs and save the planet. ;) lol

ar as we have to go.

As usual, you have your knickers in a knot. lol I've told no one what the y should do. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of Hachiago's statements and the fact that his company will not do well if they aren't making signif icant EVs in five years when nearly everyone else will be... if they want t o survive.

rn Australia is that a lot of highways have been temporarily blocked.

es a road.

oke, and fifteen minutes later people who thought that that was what they w ere doing ended up in flames and dead.

ng,

la

Honda's CEO Hachiago is the one who indicated he believes there is not dema nd for battery EVs. So he is the one I am talking about.

bal sales in 2019 which cut profits for two quarters. The next two quarter s will show if they can sustain profits while rapidly growing and bringing online a new model. Even if they can't, they seem to be done with the prob lems they've had bringing every other model into production and are bringin g up the new line in Shenzhen rapidly, more rapidly than any of their criti cs thought.

ive

k's

Bob Lutz is a believer now. But then I'm sure you know more than the forme r head of GM. At least GM is forging ahead with plans to produce multiple electric car models rather than focus on hybrids that are incapable of bein g a total solution.

, it is unlikely Tesla won't be able to turn a profit for 2020. Even if th ey don't, they seem to have the ability to continuously raise capital based on their accomplishments.

the current stock price bubble is value based. But I can't deny the argume nts people put forward about the many accomplishments of Tesla. Still, I t hink this is a good time to divest of the stock. With the sudden rise from under 200 to 470 I think the stock is overvalued. I will be selling as so on as I reach the long term capital gains holding period... which I have fo r some of my holdings.

Yeah, that's a great idea. Let me know how that works out for you.

BTW, they had a small correction today. It had to be coming, the only ques tion is if it is over and the stock will hand waiting for more good news or continue up or maybe the correction is not done. I don't know as it seems to be a very emotionally traded stock. It has value for sure, but I don't think the current price is justified. If they show continued profit for t he quarter it will all be good though.

--

  Rick C.

  --+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

And yet you continue to post in off topic threads or just post off topic when you feel like it. You literally are the biggest troll in the group and much of your trolling is whining about the behavior of others.

--

  Rick C.

  -+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

John Larkin clearly thinks that this group is his social media outlet.

He may claim that he thinks the group is about electronics, but this should be read as meaning that he thinks that this group exist to let him boast about the electronics he sells, and to post the occasional Spice model that he has dreamed up.

Other peoples circuit don't seem to get his attention.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

:

in fact, I've publicly said that I don't recommend an EV for anyone at the moment. Buy it if you really want one, but they will only be getting bett er and unless you have to buy a car now, keep what you have for a few more years.

Buying an EV won't save the planet. If it is being charged with electricity generated by burning fossil carbon, it won't make enough difference to sav e the planet, though it may stave off the climate catastrophe for a few mor e years.

Using an EV does mean that if the electricity generating business gets its act together and stops burning fossil carbon (or at least burns a lot less than it does now) your travel will stop contributing to your individual CO2 emissions.

It's probably a necessary part of the program to save the planet, but it's not - in itself - sufficient to do the job.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Tesla still operates like a start-up sometimes despite being in business for almost 20 years

Reply to
bitrex

te:

e:

o, in fact, I've publicly said that I don't recommend an EV for anyone at t he moment. Buy it if you really want one, but they will only be getting be tter and unless you have to buy a car now, keep what you have for a few mor e years.

ty generated by burning fossil carbon, it won't make enough difference to s ave the planet, though it may stave off the climate catastrophe for a few m ore years.

s act together and stops burning fossil carbon (or at least burns a lot les s than it does now) your travel will stop contributing to your individual C O2 emissions.

s not - in itself - sufficient to do the job.

They have effectively moved the source of the problem and maybe reduced its negative impact on the atmosphere by having a concentrated source that can be more effectively dealt with....(or maybe not...)

Reply to
jjhudak4

g,

orld is in transition away from burning fossil carbon for fuel.

thropogenic global warming every year, and progressively more of the conseq uent inconveniences, which are going to stop us operating in the same way, one way or another.

do, which is to concentrate on getting big rather than on getting profitabl e. Once they've hit the limits of their potential market, they will shift f ocus to exploiting that for all the profit they can extract. That's capital ism 101.

same market, but it is selling into a different market sector, and their o ptimum strategy is presumably different.

IDK why that is such a 'problem'? It is more difficult to sell a gazillio n widgets when trying to change the mindset of the buyer. If you have to e ducate the buyer then most of the time you will lose out on selling somethi ng.

Reply to
jjhudak4

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

He also has stepped into other 'new' territories with space boosters, etc. It isn't a problem.

A rich boy with an engineering education and moindset and a lot of cash gets to make and play with a lot of fancy toys.

Even if he were to "go under" at some point, he himeself will not, and I think more of him than I ever would a jerk like Trump picking himself up after failing by way of taking a dump on hundreds of millions in debts to contractors who performed services for him in good faith.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Musk has a BA in physics from the mid 90s; he seems pretty out-of-his-depth when he has to speak on engineering topics in a quantitative way and has made some real howler statements over the years about it. He's a businessman primarily.

Bill Gates is a "software engineer" too but the last piece of commercial software he had a direct hand in designing or writing code for was what, Windows 1.0?

Reply to
bitrex