OT gouda

Bill is so literal it's scary.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John Larkin posts so much under-informed stuff that being literal is a very tempting option.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Hmm, a 15-pin VGA connector. I've used those for preamp-out and bias-control-in analog connectors, get low-cost premade cables with four coax lines.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

D-subs are 52 years old now, and still about the best connectors around.

lunatic fringe electronics

I'm a fan of Displayport cables for similar uses. Some will be installed in a large cotton harvesting machine next month for testing a fire detection system.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

HDMIs are interesting, too.

lunatic fringe electronics

I've used those as well. The Displayport has that nice latch, though. HDMIs fall out if you tug on them or jiggle them.

It'll be interesting to see how well they survive a high-vibration environment. We might need to switch to DVI to avoid contact fretting.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs